Bethesda on Turkey Creek

Reviews of Bethesda on Turkey Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Bethesda on Turkey Creek

May 23, 2016

By toniann

After visiting six facilities in the Palm Bay/Melbourne area with my mother she chose Bethesda where she has resided since October 2015. I visit her regularly and find the staff to be professional, courteous, and compassionate. From management to nursing, ancillary staff to environmental, everyone has always been readily available to assist in any way they may. My mother finds the facility and grounds to be both peaceful and relaxing with ample outdoor areas, gazebos, large trees....she feels right at home. Although my mother started as a general resident she has transitioned to hospice care which was facilitated by Margaret, (administrator). She and her nursing staff have made this transition as stress free as possible and I greatly appreciate and highly recommend Bethesda.

March 13, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor15

Bethesda On Turkey Creek was terrible. It smelled, and it was dirty. The only thing positive about them is the people were friendly. The room that we saw during our visit was very small so we didn’t like it.

October 12, 2015

By cantbob

My Mother has been a Resident at Bethesda on Turkey Creek for about a year +/-... We discovered this lovely facility via the Brevard County center for aging. I have found an overwhelming consistency of care and "interest" in the well being by every member of their staff I've met. They sincerely care for and assist mom in nearly all of her activities. Having been forced to move from North Carolina, where we found the costs associated with equal care to be 4 to 5 times the rates of Bethesda, we could not be happier with where mom has landed. Effective, respectful and clear communications regarding moms needs are ever present.\ On each visit I make a point to stop by here single residence room and always find it well kept and sanitary. It is such a comfort knowing that mom is with a new extended family! Director Margaret Conti is very approachable and very clear. She knows your name when you walk in and is always happy to see you. Mom has Dementia/Alzheimer's which means she loses her glasses on a regular basis. Erica Spall keeps her spare glasses within her desk on an as needed basis, and will tell me if mom has her glasses on today.. Two of the many greats there at Bethesda, where I don't visit an assisted care or nursing facility, I visit mom's place. Thank you ladies!! You are very much appreciated!! Bob Cantrell

October 16, 2014

By Cris7389

I visited a friend at Bethesda, and I liked the fact that everybody has their own single room and that the staff is very friendly. They have really good food here. It's very clean, and the price is reasonable. They could use a little more activities as it seems like most of the residents don’t want to participate in what they have. The staff is very friendly; one of them had to go to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions because the one who sent the prescriptions over didn’t send the right prescription so this man went out of his way to go and get them to make sure she had them.

September 27, 2014

By Terry S

Excellent facility - My Dad lived there for almost 4 years before he passed away. He was able to have hospice visit him there so he could stay in his own room which he considered his home. He made many friends at the facility and the Administrator, Margaret, is awesome. She helped me thru so much with my Dad's medical condition. The staff was very helpful and friendly to both my Dad and our family. The food was very good and that's not easy to do when you are feeding so many people with different preferences. I would highly recommend this facility.

June 10, 2014

My mother-in-law was in Bethesda before she went into the hospital. We thought she was going to have more care, but they moved her in that same facility to a different level of care. It's clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. She has a private room. It's very nice. She has her own furniture in it.

September 24, 2012

By Rose 1

Bethesda of Palm Bay was a large facility, there were like 500 people there. I like Bethesda, it was nice and clean. My dad would have had his own room which was really nice, but it was so big that I thought he would do better where he was even though he doesn't have his own room. That's okay because he was never in his own room anyway.

September 09, 2011

By flutelaura

My husband and I were offered free respite care for my elderly mother and needed to find a place close to home. We first visited Bethesda to see if mom would be well taken care of and comfortable there. The staff seemed caring and the facility seemed homey and very clean, but not that antiseptic and impersonal feeling many of these nursing homes have. Mom stayed there for two weeks and was very happy. I could tell that the facility wanted everyone to feel comfy because of the little touches I saw everywhere. Mom has a lovely hand sewn quilt on her bed and her dresser had a crocheted doily to decorate it. There was also another blanket thrown across the back of the chair. This type of familiarity carried a theme throughout the building - it was a nice middle class facility that mimicked a typical home. Mom was able to participate in a lot of social activities such as arts and crafts, music and entertainment and exercise. Mom liked the food and felt as if she went on a two week vacation. If you are looking for an intimate and casual atmosphere with attentive staff, Bethesda on Turkey Creek is for you.

Questions about Bethesda on Turkey Creek

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Six hours of initial training and four hours of yearly ongoing.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bethesda on Turkey Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population at Bethesda on Turkey Creek is primarily Independent Living with little assistance needed. Most residents are between 65-80 and enjoy music, exercising, social gatherings, and bible studies.

What programs or activities does Bethesda on Turkey Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bethesda on Turkey Creek offers wellness monitoring, on-site therapeutic services, a salon, and individualized care plans.

What places are near Bethesda on Turkey Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Turkey Creek enjoys the solitude of a serene natural setting nestled in a residential area near Turkey Creek, a beautiful body of water flowing into the Indian River offering spectacular views of nature and wildlife.

What transportation services does Bethesda on Turkey Creek offer to assisted living residents?

Bethesda on Turkey Creek offers free scheduled transportation to and from locations up to approximately 15 miles from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri daily.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bethesda on Turkey Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Menus are formulated based on resident choices, likes, and dislikes. Special requests are always honored. It includes a variety of nutritious foods with home cooked appeal meeting all dietary needs.

How does Bethesda on Turkey Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

iN2L technology is utilized and specifically designed to enrich the lives of our residents. It enables family members to interact and can communicate directly with their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Bethesda on Turkey Creek during daytime and nighttime hours?

It is approximately 1:12 during daytime and 1:25 during nighttime hours.

If Bethesda on Turkey Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we do under certain circumstances and prior approval. Pets can stay with owner in apartment with outside access.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

In addition to state-required mandatory training, several course offerings As a highly regulated industry, several mandatory hours are required by the state of Florida such as Abuse/Neglect, Alzheimer's, levels of dementia, biohazardous waste control, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have ten staffers on board during daytime hours and two during overnight hours.

What safety features or security measures does Bethesda on Turkey Creek provide to protect residents who wander?

Should a resident start to display wandering tendencies, the physician is notified and special attention is given to protect the resident.

What programs or activities does Bethesda on Turkey Creek offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our iN2L technology enables residents to be engaged with family members along with daily activity programs such as fitness and social gatherings.

On admission and again on any change of condition. The physician conducts the assessment.

What techniques does Bethesda on Turkey Creek use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We do not have a memory care unit.

How does Bethesda on Turkey Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

iN2L, personal phone calls, and email communication,

Describe the neighborhood around Bethesda on Turkey Creek. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Turkey Creek is located in a serene natural setting in a residential area near Turkey Creek, a beautiful body of water flowing into the Indian River offering spectacular views of nature and wildlife.

Is Bethesda on Turkey Creek affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Bethesda on Turkey Creek enjoys the services of world class care at a hospital three miles away.

Costs for Bethesda on Turkey Creek

Photos of Bethesda on Turkey Creek

Services and Amenities of Bethesda on Turkey Creek

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Minimum Age: Yes

About Bethesda on Turkey Creek

For more than 50 years, Bethesda on Turkey Creek has offered its residents the stability and security they seek during their precious golden years. As Palm Bay’s premier senior living community, Bethesda provides affordable Assisted Living and Memory Care services.

Surrounded by the quiet waters, ridges and distinctive terrain of Turkey Creek Sanctuary, Bethesda is certain to capture your heart from the moment you step foot inside. Nestled on 16 rolling acres, our beautiful and historical property inspires peace of mind and tranquility.

Our experienced and loving staff provide a holistic approach to caring for our residents that encompasses body, mind and spirit. We believe in encouraging family values and involvement to best enhance our residents’ quality of life. As such, we become an integrated community...a family of our own.

The Bethesda family thanks you for exploring our property. As you embark on this next step in your life’s journey, we are here to help and make this as simple as possible.

At Bethesda, our staff is highly skilled in servicing the special needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Residents’ family and loved ones, can rest easy, knowing that they are being cared for in an engaging, nurturing and compassionate environment, where respect and dignity rank supreme.

Map of Bethesda on Turkey Creek