Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Reviews of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Independent Living Reviews for Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Nursing Home Reviews for Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

September 19, 2016

By Howard156332

Westminster Woods was smaller, and they’re building a bunch of new villas. They have older villas and older apartment buildings. It looks to me it might have been one time a school back in the days. One of the things we like we went in to a berry next to the tower and if we want to go and eat. They had restaurants in one of the towers, and they have pool side dining. There was no way you wouldn’t like the activities there. They have a whole fleet of buses, and they go different directions every day, to the doctor and grocery stores. I was impressed with the Woods.

September 05, 2015

My friend took me around Westminster Woods on Julington Creek. We just drove around in a golf cart, and it was lovely. They have any amenity that you would need or want. Her home was lovely. She had a villa, which was a two-bedroom home. It was wonderful, but it wasn't something that I could afford. I wouldn't even think of going there. Even their apartments were very expensive. It's out away from the community, but the people who were there weren't driving themselves; they had a bus to take them, so that probably wasn't even an issue. They were having a luncheon, and there were some ladies playing cards. I also saw the bocce ball court and the putting green. There was a workshop for those who wanted to do something in there, but they had to be cleared if they're confident to handle electric tools. There were a lot of people coming and going and using the post office and the beauty salon. It was an active community; it was like a little city unto itself. They had a place for everybody to fish, and the grounds themselves were beautiful and very well attended, and the flowers were lovely.

June 04, 2015

By Notafanatall1969

Poor management skills and services particularly the Administration in Health Center. It's all about $$$ instead of true patient care. The administrator is all about promises she could not keep. The wheelchairs are in bad shape and has foul odor in the Health Center. Administration would not provide the appropriate wheelchair because they claim it's not their responsibility even if the patient is a resident there. The staff appears to be overworked and mornings tend to be chaotic from meal services to getting patients ready.

January 08, 2015

By mediocre

Quite shocked at the meals and service overall in the dining room. They are constantly lacking the staff to run the kitchen and dining room. There seems to always be a problem with pipes breaking and electrical problems in the apartments for the independent living residents, which translates to no water or electricity at times. Seems depressing too as you walk around and see many empty apartments and no one around. The price for what we are paying is "too much"! :( We now know why and we will be moving our parent when the 1 year lease is up.

November 05, 2013

Westminster Woods was located near the marina that we go to. It was an older place and I didn't feel as happy when I was walking around there. It was more sad and not as upbeat as some of the other places. Their apartments were nice and spacious. Their residents that we met were also nice, but it's too much money for what they have there, I think. The staff was just okay. Their activities were okay but they weren't that spectacular. However, I like that this facility had a beautiful view of the river. You can sit out and walk around along the side and it was pretty over there. They have benches, which was nice especially for somebody wanting to live on the water. However, they could improve on their sales and marketing staff. They were a little harder to get to. We were waiting for awhile for somebody to call us back and make an appointment. I believe they weren't trying hard enough to get people to come there. I would probably not recommend this community.

June 13, 2013

I visited Westminster Woods last month and the facility ended up being the one that interested me the most. I am satisfied with what I saw. The apartments seemed okay. It's a spacious. The kitchen was really good. The environment seemed to be a very friendly place. The residents there started treating like family and I thought that was important. They seemed to have a lot of activities like bingo and card games. The staff seemed to be very friendly and helpful. I ate there a couple of times and I am okay with the food. The entrance fee is a little more reasonable than many of the other places.

January 30, 2013

By Carl 3

We liked Westminster Woods. It's a very nice facility and I guess it's one of the better ones. They had some small houses and they had a high-rise. I think it is one of the facilities that we would look back at.

April 13, 2012

By dshafer93

Recently my grandfather was put into assisted living, a separate hall from where he used to live. His caretaker is always right down the hall just the press of a button away. If he needs anything from CPR to a spoon the nurses always come running. Everyone seems to care about the wellbeing of the residents, even the wait staff at the dining hall. Having this campus on a lake not only boosts the looks of the place but it is also a very good place for relaxing and recuperating. Also, some staff take a few residents at a time on a pontoon boat ride on the St. Johns river. The fresh air really boosts spirits as I've seen. In addition, the food in the dining hall is very well prepared the kitchen always makes it a point to make sure everyone has the right diet whether that be without salt or without gluten. All things included this is an incredible facility with an incredible staff and management.

December 13, 2011

By Ruby11

Westminister Woods was a pretty nice place to visit. The staff was very pleasant and kind, they were very helpful and appeared to be very genuine. The facility was a very nice size, it was clean and well maintained. The cafeteria was also nice, very spacious. I like how they offer the nursing home facility and also an assisted living home as well for those who can function a lot more on their own without much help. You can tell that the residents there are able to make it their home by personalizing their rooms. It was reassuring to know also that they have alarms or some type of security feature on the wheelchairs of their residents to maintain their safety and to ensure that no one goes astray. A big concern for me concerning some facilities is whether it is easy for the residents to leave, this can be very dangerous is you have a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. Another plus is that the residents have a salon or a place to get their hair done if they want. Overall it was a nice facility.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

About Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis. Also offer rental program.

Map of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek