Windsor Care Center of Sacramento

Reviews of Windsor Care Center of Sacramento

Nursing Home Reviews for Windsor Care Center of Sacramento

July 31, 2012

By sawnlogs

Our mom has Alzheimer's & was a patient at Windsor for 2 years. It was one of the only Nursing homes in the area that specifically trained/designed for Alzheimer's patients so we didn't really have any options but we found the care to be below par & all our family were very emotional when ever we visited due to her care. On a daily basis we had to deal with missing clothing & bedding, clothing worn belonged to someone else (all her clothing was bought new & marked extremely well). Wet diapers, severe lack of hydration with dry cracked open lips, delays in care, Scabies & we were called at 11:30 PM to get the ok to give her antibiotics with the nurse stating "I can't give them without your permission" when this should be standard procedure. Cellulitis on her right foot we believe due to someone (staff or residents) running over her foot with the wheelchair. Had to request her foot to be elevated r/t 4+ pitting edema. We would NOT recommend Windsor to anyone!

March 27, 2012

By anteup30

I thought the facility was an O.k. looking place on my first visit, It seemed kind of small and there was not as much outdoor space as I thought there would be, the staff was nice, but seemed as it was just a job and most of the older folks were sitting around doing nothing, but the staff said there were plenty of activities. The facilities seemed fairly clean, and meals looked to be pretty healthy with a good fruit mixture thru the day. The rooms were small but looked comfy and kind you kind of get the at home feeling. But it is not at home, and the hospital style floors with commercial lighting definitely seems it could make you feel trapped, I did not see anyone outside and that is my concern, they assured me though that they get plenty of time outside. Over all I think the place was just average and that the staff could seem like they enjoy helping rather than just showing up for that same old job. I would probably search a new place if I had to choose again.

Services and Amenities of Windsor Care Center of Sacramento

About Windsor Care Center of Sacramento

Windsor Care Center of Sacramento is an Alzheimer’s dementia skilled nursing facility, committed to providing its residents a robust and all inclusive environment in which to thrive. At Windsor Sacramento, we follow the guidelines of “Hand in Hand” training that emphasizes person-centered care for our each of our unique residents. Social workers are dedicated to helping residents achieve independence, based on their specific needs and cognition. Specially trained therapists provide physical, occupational and speech therapy with the goal of helping residents reach their highest level of functionality.

Map of Windsor Care Center of Sacramento