Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

Reviews of Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

January 24, 2016

By Vic2

My sister was in Whitney Oaks but I didn’t like it as it was too medical. They were also understaffed. I really didn’t enjoy being there.

February 26, 2015

Whitney Oaks Care Center was generally pleasant. The staff in these places is not very attentive and is not proactive in helping with specific needs. They were actually better than some of the others. But if I was not there advocating for her, she wasn't getting the help that she needed or wanted. It was mainly in their convenience and whatever fit the schedule type of a thing. They need to improve their responsiveness. It's not just the time responsiveness but also the responsiveness to the need. My mom was taking a lot of medication which caused her nausea, so she wasn't able to eat. They called saying she is refusing to eat. The reason is because they didn't listen and try to change her medications to help her. They just kept forcing it. It was cleaner than others though. I didn't notice anything that stood out there. There is definitely an odor, but I guess it was just the nature of the building.

July 13, 2013

By NeverComingBack

My grandmother stayed here for a little under a week. We had to get her out as soon as possible because this place was so awful. They do not control the temperature and she was roasting the entire stay. They also allowed her roommate full dictation of the TV, so my grandmother was not able to watch a single program and even after we asked if they could mediate the situation they never took action. We finally were able to get her a different room because the situation was so awful. Flies everywhere and slow help. She was having trouble moving and her room was very cramped, making it impossible for her to reach the bathroom. I would never have anyone I cared for stay here again.

October 05, 2011

By 4020Retire

While the facilities were attractive and clean, I was not happy with my mother's experience as a resident at this facility in 1998. She had recently been discharged from Kaiser Permanente as an outpatient after an acute experience with her emphysema. She was somewhat disoriented and frail at the time but staff did not raise her bed rails at night. As a result, when she got up unattended to use the bathroom late one night, she fell and broke one of her ribs. (Also, they had her rooming with an Alzheimer's patient which was depressing to her; the woman disturbed her sleep since she was, understandably, confused and upset.)

Photos of Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

Services and Amenities of Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

About Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center

Where we differ from our competitor all rest within the intangibles. These elements are difficult to qualify or prove. Things like attitude, and really caring about our residents and staff. Once you walk our hallways and experience our operations first hand, we are confident you will sense the difference. Walnut Whitney is the positive option when your loved one enters extended skilled nursing care.

At Walnut Whitney, our residents' care plans include much more than 24-hour skilled nursing care. Our compassionate staff also address the social, spiritual and emotional needs of residents, their families and friends. We realize the importance of care plans, which are individualized and meet residents' medical and social needs. These care plans are based on input from our Interdisciplinary Team comprised of physicians, therapists, nurses, social services, dietary, and support staff.

Map of Horizon West Walnut Whitney Care Center