La Costa Glen Carlsbad, CA

La Costa Glen (800) 385-2527

Reviews of La Costa Glen

Assisted Living Reviews for La Costa Glen

June 26, 2014

I like everything about La Costa Glen. From what I've seen, so far so good, and I am waiting for a room right now. Overall, I like the facility. That is why I want to move in there.

March 27, 2014

Mom lived a couple of blocks away from La Costa Glen, so I was able to get to know the facility and had a visit there for my mom to move in. She already has a unit there, but they are just preparing the room. They have a large variety of sizes and shapes with regard to their rooms. We have been dealing with the sales staff, and they are very responsive. They have an activity calendar with multiple activities every day. This is a really upscale place.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for La Costa Glen

December 16, 2015

By Visitor25

I visited The Glen (La Costa Glen). That facility was 15 years old, but the layout and the buildings were relatively new. My impression was very good. They guarantee that if you pay the entry fee, you’ll get 75% back if you decide to leave after five years. Also, they guarantee that when you move from the independent living to assisted living or if you want skilled nursing, the monthly fee would not change. However, it is 30 minutes away from my home, so distance-wise, it is not that favorable. In terms of the quality of the building and their service, I think this one was actually pretty good. I had lunch there, and the dining area was very nice.

November 04, 2015

By Judith44

I visited The Glen (La Costa Glen). I did like it, except it is really expensive. They also had a two-year waiting list. Their grounds were lovely. Their rooms seemed like they were almost all apartments, but I really don't want an apartment. The dining room was lovely, and the food was great. The Glen was a lovely place, but it looked cramped and crowded to me.

June 21, 2015

My mother-in-law is in La Costa Glen. She's been in there five or six years. It is very nice. It is Spanish Architecture and very low key, kind of quiet. It's all gated and kind of isolated. It's got a shopping center across the street, but it is not a full-blown retail shopping center system. It is very clean and very nice.

April 06, 2015

By Norman8

La Costa Glen is very good. They took us on a tour, and we had lunch. The food is very good. The rooms looked like all the rest. We looked at what we can afford, so it was limited, but they were adequate. The dining area is well appointed, very pleasant, and bright. They have the usual workout rooms, pools, and saunas. As for other activities, there are trips that they go on and different activities during the day. The tour was fine because it was informative, and it showed us what we needed to see.

May 30, 2014

By Virginia27

One of the main reasons why we chose La Costa Glen was that it was near where my daughter and granddaughter live. They also have a lot of activities going on. Everything seemed very nice. They had the independent living, and then they had the assisted care, nursing home, memory unit, and rehab. It was a large complex. There were over a thousand people living there. They had a big assortment of quarters to choose from for the independent living, apartments, and houses. They had three or four bedroom villas for about a million dollars. The had three-bedrooms and a lot of two-bedrooms, bath and half; two-bedroom, one-bathroom; and also one-bedroom and one bath. The staff was very nice. The food was nice. They had four different restaurants where you could order from a menu. It was very nice like you were going out to a restaurant every night. With your monthly fee, you are entitled to one meal. If you wanted to eat all your meals there, you would have to pay extra for each meal. Of course, if you are in the nursing home or the assisted living part, they provide three meals a day.

February 24, 2014

By John67800450

I was quite familiar with La Costa Glen because we have a friend who lives there. It’s a very, very nice place. They have everything that a resident would want and they have the continuing care option that many places don't have. The staff seemed to be very capable and everybody is very friendly. The only problem with this facility is that seemingly it is quite pricey, but then again it is in a wonderful location.

September 30, 2013

By Christine19

La Costa Glen had everything from villas to apartments. It was a beautiful facility. They had a lovely ground that was well manicured and taken care off. They had the most gorgeous indoor pool. The day that we visited, they were going to have a dance that evening and they had a wonderful little theater where they had popcorn waiting for you outside and movies in the afternoon. They had a full program of activities. Most of the people of I saw, though older, they were independent. However, even though it was a continuing care community, you would have to enter first in their independent unit and you should not be diagnosed with dementia. But I would definitely recommend it to others.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of La Costa Glen

About La Costa Glen

La Costa Glen is a senior living provider in Carlsbad, California that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact La Costa Glen for more details on services and rates.

Map of La Costa Glen