22 Assisted Living Facilities near Union Grove, WI
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Union Grove area, with 3 in Union Grove and 19 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 122 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Union Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Union Grove 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasant Prairie with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Union Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Union Grove, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Union Grove
The first home in Union Grove was built in 1838. Since then the village has grown to just under 5,000 people, and 12 percent of residents are aged 65 and over. There are three assisted living facilities in the village and another 15 in communities nearby including Racine, Kenosha and Waterford.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Union Grove
- Wisconsin doesn't tax Social Security Income or public pensions; however, income from retirement funds and private pensions are subject to income tax. This means the impact the state's tax policy has on seniors depends on their source of income. The state does have low sales taxes, so all seniors can save money when shopping.
- The Sperling index rates Union Grove's overall cost of living at 98, two points lower than the national average. Seniors can save money on groceries and transportation, but health care costs are around 7 points higher than the U.S. average, which can impact the budgets of seniors with regular health expenses.
- Union Grove has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Racine County, an organization that provides a reliable source of information about senior programs and services, as well as one senior center.
- Union Grove has warm summers, but cold winters with January lows averaging just 13 degrees. The village gets 39 inches of snow each year, 13 inches more than the national average. This may be challenging for seniors who enjoy spending time outside, especially over the winter.
- Union Grove has a lower crime rate than 76 percent of Wisconsin's other communities. Only 0.41 violent crimes occur per 1,000 residents in the village, less than one-sixth of the state's average. The property crime rate is 5.83 per 1,000 residents, compared to the state average of 19.33. Union Grove's low crime rate may be reassuring to seniors concerned with their safety.
- The Union Grove area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Racine.
Paying for Assisted Living in Union Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Union Grove start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Union Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Union Grove
The Family Care program offers financial assistance to seniors who require long-term care and may be available to eligible residents of assisted living in Union Grove.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Union Grove
Union Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Union Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Union Grove
Union Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Union Grove
Review of Veterans Home at Union Grove
Overall, I think this facility is a good place for veterans that need nursing care. My grandfather has late stage Alzheimer's and can no longer care for himself. The staff is excellent at providi... Read more
Review of Oak Ridge Care Center
My elderly uncle was a resident at Timber Oaks Nursing Home for about a year before passing away. He would beg routinely to be taken home, but then most residents do that. The nursing home is loc... Read more