15 Assisted Living Facilities near Hudson, WI
Also serving communities of New Richmond.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hudson area, with 5 in Hudson and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 47 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hudson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hudson 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include River Falls with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hudson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hudson, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hudson
Nestled beside the St. Croix River, Hudson is one of the fastest growing cities in Wisconsin with a population of around 14,000. Over 15% of its residents are aged 65 and older, and they may benefit from the services and care offered by one of the 42 assisted living facilities in the area, five of which are situated in the city. Wisconsin's Department of Public Health Services licenses four types of assisted living facilities, including adult family homes, adult day care, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs) and residential care apartment complexes (RCACs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hudson
- While average costs of living in Wisconsin tend to fall below the U.S. national average of 100, Hudson's overall cost of living is 128.1, which is something seniors may need to consider when budgeting for assisted living services.
- With its rich history, Hudson has a wide variety of activities and cultural attractions for seniors to enjoy, including the Phipps Center for the Arts, St. Croix Off Broadway Dinner Theatre, historic walking tours and summer concerts in the park.
- Seniors who enjoy the outdoors may find Hudson's climate to be challenging. Summers are warm but brief, and winters can be harsh, with roughly 47 inches of snow expected each year and lows dropping to 5 degrees.
- The Hudson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hudson Hospital & Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In terms of violent crime, Hudson is very safe, scoring just 8.6 on a scale from 1 to 100. However, seniors should be exercise precaution when securing their personal residences and possessions, as property crime rates are high compared to both statewide and national averages.
- Hudson has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging and Disability Resource Center of St. Croix County, an organization that offers programming and support services to empower seniors, including a nutrition program, transportation services and a DayAway respite program, as well as nine senior centers across the county.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hudson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Hudson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hudson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hudson
Wisconsin is one of six states to offer financial aid for seniors living in assisted living residences through both Medicaid waiver programs and separate state funding. Options include the self-directed IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) program and Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hudson
Hudson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hudson, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hudson
Hudson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Hudson, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hudson
Review of Red Cedar Canyon Assisted Living
We liked Red Cedar Canyon and we're very impressed with it. It was small but immaculate. We really liked the person who showed us around. We liked everything about it. They had raised garden beds i... Read more
Review of Hudson Comforts of Home
This is my dad's 4th facility now. I have to say these ladies rock! He has never been so comfortable before he even calls it home. They do a wonderful job of taking care of their residents. These l... Read more
Review of Woodland Hill
My dad stayed at Woodland Hill. It was a beautiful and caring facility, however, they did nothing for my dad for the amount of money they were paid. It was extremely expensive, with his rent being ... Read more