6 Assisted Living Facilities near River Falls, WI
Also serving communities of Baldwin.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the River Falls area, with 2 in River Falls and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in River Falls is $3,746 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in River Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in River Falls 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in River Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in River Falls, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in River Falls
The scenic town of River Falls, Wisconsin, is situated around the 22-mile Kinnickinnic River. Residents of this small rural area live within close proximity to big-city attractions, as the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis are only a half-hour away. About 15,500 people live in River Falls, and nearly 11 percent of that population are seniors 65 years or older.
Seniors in need of assisted living services in River Falls can choose from several local options, including two facilities within the city and nine in surrounding communities, such as Hudson and Baldwin. Throughout Wisconsin, these facilities are designated as Residential Care Apartment Complexes (RCACs) or Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs), depending on the level of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in River Falls
- The climate in River Falls is pleasant for summertime outdoor leisure activities when average highs are in the low 80s. However, seniors will likely want to bundle up and stay indoors for the winter, which gets about 45 inches of snow and low temperatures in the single digits.
- River Falls may be slightly less affordable for seniors than other parts of Wisconsin, depending on purchase habits. Groceries cost about 8 percent more than the state average, and the overall cost of living is 7 percent higher in River Falls. On the other hand, health care expenses are 7 percent lower in River Falls than the Wisconsin average, which might make it more attractive to seniors who have certain medical conditions.
- Public transit is limited in River Falls, but seniors can take advantage of the "Shopping Van Service" provided by the Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Pierce County, as well as medical transportation and subsidized ride shares with a local taxi company.
- The River Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the River Falls Area Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- River Falls experiences a crime rate that is higher than 84 percent of cities in Wisconsin, but the rate is typical for a community of its size. Property crime in the area is more common than violent crime, so seniors may want to take extra security precautions to protect homes and their belongings.
- Seniors will find multiple opportunities to enjoy the arts and culture in River Falls, with attractions such as River Falls Community Theatre, River Falls Community Arts Base, the historic Swinging Bridge, wineries and the Octagon House Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in River Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in River Falls start around $3,746 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in River Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in River Falls
In Wisconsin, financial help for assisted living is provided through Family Care, which is a Medicaid program, and the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), which is a combination of services from Medicare and Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in River Falls
River Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in River Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in River Falls
River Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near River Falls, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in River Falls
Review of River Falls Comforts of Home
River Falls Comforts of Home looks very nice and it's going good for my uncles. I have no complaints. They said they're eating plenty. They have exercise, games, and church services. It's a very ne... Read more
Review of Wellhaven Senior Living
Wellhaven Senior Living was quite nice. It would've been my choice, but my uncle didn't like it. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and friendly. They have the senior center there, so people wh... Read more
Review of River Falls Comforts of Home
The facility was very clean. It didn't the smell you sometimes associate with an assisted living facility. The staff was friendly and personable. The care my mother in law received here left a po... Read more