6 Assisted Living Facilities near Hastings, MN
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hastings area, with 2 in Hastings and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hastings is $3,162 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,741.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hastings. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hastings 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include River Falls with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hastings, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hastings, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hastings
Hastings is a medium-sized town on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border, near the place where the St. Croix River flows into the Mississippi headwaters. Home to nearly 22,700 people, 16% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over, Hastings has six assisted living facilities within its borders to look after local seniors, with many more between it and the greater Twin Cities area nearby. These facilities, like all residential care communities in the state, are overseen by the Minnesota Department of Health Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hastings
- The weather in Hastings is highly variable, in the way that upper Midwestern towns can be. Summer highs in Hastings average 82 degrees in July and August, while winter lows dip to an average of just 5 degrees in December and January. Spring and fall bring up to 31.5 inches of rain to Hastings, which can raise mold and pollen from the river green belt outside of town and cause issues for some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Hastings is roughly 11% higher than the national average for all household spending combined. Despite this, seniors in Hastings pay something close to 14% less for healthcare, owing partly to the abundance of excellent local clinics and hospitals.
- Crime rates in Hastings are low by national standards. In all crime categories combined, Hastings reports roughly half the crimes of similar sized cities. Seniors are especially safe in Hastings, where violent crime rates are less than one-third the national average.
- DARTS operates LOOP, a limited service scheduled route carrier. The main route, the Circulator, runs every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., though dial-a-ride services are available with 24 hours' advance notice. Another local dial-a-ride, Transit Link, connects seniors in Hastings and other underserved areas in the region with the larger Twin Cities metro area to the north.
- The Hastings area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Regina Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hastings has an array of community resources for seniors, including Hastings Community Education, an organization that offers caregiver training and support, senior transportation and notary services and special trips and local events for Hastings seniors, as well as more than three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hastings
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Hastings start around $3,162 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hastings and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hastings
Seniors in Hastings who meet the income and asset limits for the program can get help with their monthly costs through Minnesota's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) low-income stipend.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hastings
Hastings and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hastings, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hastings
Hastings-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hastings, MN
Other Options in Hastings, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hastings
Review of Benedictine Living Community-Regina
Benedictine Living Community-Regina is assisted living with memory care, and it kind of gradually goes up depending on how much you need. I chose it for my mother because it's within a mile of my h... Read more
Review of Oak Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care
Oak Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care was very nice. The person who gave us the tour was very nice, helpful and answered all the questions. My father, my sister, and I toured it for my mom. A... Read more
Review of Oak Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care
My mother is now at Oak Ridge. We chose it because of the convenience of closeness for us to get there. The staff is amazing, and the person that runs the whole place is amazing. They're always che... Read more