107 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbury, MN
With an average cost of $5,500 in Woodbury, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 13 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 6 facilities in Woodbury.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodbury, MN
101 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbury, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodbury
Woodbury, Minnesota is a St. Paul suburb situated just west of the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. One out of five of Woodbury’s 67,855 residents falls into the 55+ demographic. The city offers 56 different assisted living facilities (ALFs) to meet their needs. Services include help with medication, housekeeping and laundry, assessments of physical and cognitive needs and assistance with daily living activities. The Minnesota Department of Health regulates both ALF services and ALF facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodbury
- Woodbury’s climate is slightly on the wetter side, with most of the precipitation coming as snow (49 inches annually). Temperatures also can be harsh in winter, dipping into the single digits. Seniors might find winters in the area harder to tolerate as a result, and the overall Sperling’s Comfort Index is below average (41 out of 100 versus 54, 100 is best).
Woodbury’s air quality is right on target compared to the national rank of 58, sitting at 57. The ranking is based on the National Air Toxics Assessment from the EPA. The city’s rank means that, while there is room for improvement, seniors should be relatively comfortable when it comes to respiratory health.
- Woodbury, Minnesota has a cost of living of 124, making it more expensive than average (100). Housing is the biggest contributor here, as it often is in other cities across the nation with higher-than-normal expenses. The next two biggest areas pulling the cost of living up are miscellaneous (e.g., restaurants, clothing, services, etc.) and groceries.
- Seniors who choose an assisted living facility in Woodbury, Minnesota might be eligible for a subtraction that lowers the amount of taxed income. But public and private pension incomes are fully taxed, and Social Security income is partially taxed.
- Seniors living in Woodbury ALFs can feel fairly confident about their personal and property safety. While the national averages for violent and property crime are 31.1 and 32.8 out of 100, respectively, Woodbury ranks at 21.6 and 38.1.
- The Woodbury area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Woodwinds Health Campus, St. Joseph’s Hospital, United Hospital, St. John’s Hospital and Bethesda Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Woodbury start around $5,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodbury
Minnesota offers several programs and waivers that might offer financial help to seniors who need ALF services. These include the Elderly Waiver, Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver, Minnesota Personal Care Assistant (PCA) program, as well as Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Senior Care Plus (MSC+).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodbury
Woodbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodbury, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodbury
Woodbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Woodbury, MN
Other Options in Woodbury, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodbury
Review of Woodbury Estates
My mother has been in Woodbury Estates for a month now and I'm concerned. They're very nice people, but they can't seem to be able to get her to bathe. She hasn't taken a bath in over a month and I... Read more
Review of Woodbury Health Care Center
My wife was a resident recently for 2 1/2 weeks after shoulder replacement surgery at Woodwinds Hospital. She stayed in the Transitional Care Unit Area of this facility and I, her husband stayed w... Read more
Review of Stonecrest
Stonecrest has been excellent. The old people act young and there are lots of activities going on here on a daily basis. They have anything you want to do. They have buses to take you places, and t... Read more