17 Assisted Living Facilities near Corpus Christi, TX
Also serving communities of Portland, Alice, Beeville.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corpus Christi area, with 16 in Corpus Christi and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Corpus Christi is $3,130 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 123 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corpus Christi. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corpus Christi 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 17 families in Corpus Christi find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corpus Christi, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Corpus Christi, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
A pleasant climate and the proximity to coastal areas call some senior citizens to the Corpus Christi, Texas area. The bustling port town has a wonderful southern charm that helps the many generations in the area to interact.
Corpus Christi has 13 assisted living homes within the city and another one nearby. Texas Health and Human Services monitors assisted living facilities in the state, which are divided into two types according to how much care the residents need.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
- Senior citizens can enjoy no snow, an average of 223 days of sun and pleasant temperatures all year long. The warmest month is July with an average high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit and the coolest month is January with an average low of 48 degrees Fahrenheit. The downside to the weather in Corpus Christi is the possibility of hurricanes from June through November.
- Corpus Christi has better air quality than the nation as a whole. The higher the score, the better the air. The U.S. air quality average is 58, but the air quality in Corpus Christi is 81. This can benefit seniors who have respiratory problems that are exacerbated by poor air quality.
- When compared to the rest of the country, the cost of living in Corpus Christi is lower. The average cost of living index here is 91, where the national score is 100. The health index is 90 in Corpus Christi, so seniors can likely find affordable health care options here.
- Some senior citizens might not be willing to deal with the higher crime rates that occur in Corpus Christi. Violent crime ranking for the entire country is 31.1, but this area is much higher with a score of 54.9. The property crime ranking in Corpus Christi is 60.7, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority provides transportation, including paratransit options, all around the area. Discounted fares are available for senior citizens, as well as anyone who receives Medicaid.
- The Corpus Christi area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CHRISTUS Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Corpus Christi start around $3,146 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corpus Christi and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Some senior citizens count on Community Care for Aged and Disabled to help pay for assisted living, but there might also be other options available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corpus Christi, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Corpus Christi, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Review of Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care
When I toured Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care, they showed me an occupied room, so there were people living in them, so it was hard to see my brother's furniture and see him living in... Read more
Review of Villa Northwest Assisted Living
Villa Northwest Assisted Living was extremely clean, and it smelled wonderful. The two ladies that helped us were very friendly. The passing people in the hall were friendly. They spoke, and they w... Read more
Review of Villa Northwest Assisted Living
My mom lives in the Villa Northwest Assisted Living. The people who work there know every single resident by name; they know all about them. In most places, the facilities are just so large that sh... Read more