16 Assisted Living Facilities near Corpus Christi, TX
Also serving communities of Portland.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corpus Christi area, with 15 in Corpus Christi and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Corpus Christi is $3,655 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 97 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corpus Christi. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corpus Christi 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Corpus Christi find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corpus Christi, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Corpus Christi, TX
1 Assisted Living Facility near Corpus Christi, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
A pleasant climate and the proximity to coastal areas call some senior citizens to the Corpus Christi, Texas area. The bustling port town has a wonderful southern charm that helps the many generations in the area to interact.
Corpus Christi has 13 assisted living homes within the city and another one nearby. Texas Health and Human Services monitors assisted living facilities in the state, which are divided into two types according to how much care the residents need.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
- Senior citizens can enjoy no snow, an average of 223 days of sun and pleasant temperatures all year long. The warmest month is July with an average high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit and the coolest month is January with an average low of 48 degrees Fahrenheit. The downside to the weather in Corpus Christi is the possibility of hurricanes from June through November.
- Corpus Christi has better air quality than the nation as a whole. The higher the score, the better the air. The U.S. air quality average is 58, but the air quality in Corpus Christi is 81. This can benefit seniors who have respiratory problems that are exacerbated by poor air quality.
- When compared to the rest of the country, the cost of living in Corpus Christi is lower. The average cost of living index here is 91, where the national score is 100. The health index is 90 in Corpus Christi, so seniors can likely find affordable health care options here.
- Some senior citizens might not be willing to deal with the higher crime rates that occur in Corpus Christi. Violent crime ranking for the entire country is 31.1, but this area is much higher with a score of 54.9. The property crime ranking in Corpus Christi is 60.7, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority provides transportation, including paratransit options, all around the area. Discounted fares are available for senior citizens, as well as anyone who receives Medicaid.
- The Corpus Christi area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CHRISTUS Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Corpus Christi start around $3,655 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corpus Christi and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Some senior citizens count on Community Care for Aged and Disabled to help pay for assisted living, but there might also be other options available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corpus Christi, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Corpus Christi, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corpus Christi
Review of Senior Care of Corpus Christi
I have a friend here who I visit. The halls smell like urine and there does not seem to be much staff or cleaning crew on weekends. Residents appear to be "dumped" in a common main room with no att... Read more
Review of Brookdale Corpus Christi
We chose Brookdale Corpus Christi for my mother-in-law because we felt it was right and felt homey. The people are very professional, and my mother-in-law loves it, so she's happy. The food in the ... Read more
Review of The Viera Senior Living
We went to The Viera Senior Living. The rooms were good, large, and had good windows. It's a nice facility. The bathrooms were very modern, and they've got a walk-in closet. They're bigger than the... Read more