Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

Reviews of Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

June 06, 2015

By LolaDom

My grandma lived there for about a year. The quality of care was substandard. Everytime problems and concerns were brought up to the Director, she would not address them. There was never any accountability. Several of the staff are unprofessional and lack compassion for the residents. The memory care unit smells horrible. I would not recommend this as an acceptable place for my loved one to live.

So sorry to be responding 5 years later as we are now Caring.com partners. I think you would be impressed with today’s leadership team.

May 15, 2015

By Arnie2

We went to Villa of Corpus Christi South, and the place was terrible. The place smelled like urine. To me, it looked like more of an institution or a state hospital. I looked at the rooms, and the size was OK. Some of them have a little refrigerator. They were OK, but it seemed like their maintenance lacked. I would not recommend this place.

Five years later, I’d welcome you to see how amazing our community is. So sorry you had a negative experience in 2015.

February 25, 2015

By NONONO123

Villa of Corpus Christi was OK. It was a newer building, and part of it was tiled. It was close to my house. The restaurant was nice. They had a nice and caring staff. It was self-pay though, and I couldn’t afford it.

Thank you for your review.

January 15, 2015

By Lisa87497950

The staff were excellent, personable, and very good at customer service. They were very quick if I needed something, and they get everybody engaged. The dining area was nice and clean. I was impressed with Villa of Corpus Christi South.

March 28, 2014

By hwizar

Very personal care. Great activities. Focused on the residents. Mother was very well cared for there.

Memory Care Reviews for Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

March 07, 2019

By Annie and Blue

The minute we walked in we knew this was not the place for my mom. We stood at the counter for more than five minutes, and they saw us walk in, and we were never helped. We were there for the memory care and we walked freely through the facility. Once we were given a "tour" ( lasted about 7 minutes), we were disgusted. The smell of urine was overwhelming. The paint on the walls was scuffed and faded, wallpaper tearing off the walls, smoking in the outdoor area, packed "activity room" , "dining room" "living room"(all the same area). We left and both had a headache and felt sick to our stomachs. I could never leave my mother or any of my dogs there. Very sad. In my son's words, "It seems like people are just here waiting to die." Almost had me in tears thinking about the current resident and what the must endure on a daily basis.

This does not sound like the loving and vibrant community of Villa South. I hope you’ll return to check us out again. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Staff receive ongoing training in dementia care. The staff participate in the Alzheimer Association seminars and promotional events.

What programs or activities does Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Villa South has a fabulous activity director, John Soto, who provides a range of activities for all residents. He has a specialty in engaging residents in our secure memory care community, so they are calm and feel safe.

What places are near Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Villa has a church next door.

What transportation services does Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

Villa has a bus and van to take residents to doctor's appointments, shopping trips and special outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef meals are homemade, from scratch, and are appreciated by residents as well as staff who dine there daily.

What safety features or security measures does Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

Villa has 24/7 care with caring staff to keep an eye on its residents. We also have grab bars and emergency pull chords in the apartments.

How does Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Especially during covid, Villa staff communicate with resident family members by phone as well as helping loved ones with video calls. Now we are encouraging outside visits and indoor visits according to State and CDC guidelines.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care during daytime and nighttime hours?

Villa abides by all staff-to-resident ratios consistently through day/nighttime hours.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Villa staff do ongoing in-service training monthly and additional training in-between when questions arise to ensure staff are comfortable performing their daily tasks.

What programs or activities does Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Activity Director John Soto has his certificate in alzheimer's and memory care programming so he can keep residents engaged, calm and happy.

The nurse administrator and wellness director are involved in resident care plans.

Describe the neighborhood around Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Villa South is in the Country Club area of Corpus Christi on Yorktown Blvd near Everhardt.

Costs for Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: $750 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care

Our goal at Villa South is to fulfill the needs of our residents by providing an enriched lifestyle, a better quality of life and the opportunity to share new experiences and activities in pleasant surroundings.

Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care offers private and semi-private apartments. Apartments are available for rent on a month-to-month basis with no leases or buy-in fees. Your monthly rent includes a full range of services and amenities.

• Private Suites
  • Private bath with walk-in shower
  • Kitchenette
  • Refrigerator included in private studios
  • Choice of furnished or unfurnished
  • Window coverings
  • Individual heating and cooling units
  • Telephone and cable ready
  • Emergency call system in every suite
  • Basic Utilities included with price of rent

Our goal at Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care is to fulfill the needs of our residents through an enriched quality of life and the opportunity to share new experiences and activities in pleasant surroundings.

• Scheduled transportation
  • Full calendar of activities including outings
  • Exercise program
  • Hairstylist and manicurist available once a week
  • Community event participation
  • Shopping/errand service
  • Beautifully decorated common areas
  • Social Functions
  • Spacious dining room
  • Holiday and special occasion dining
  • Smoke-free environment
  • Multiple carpeted spacious common areas
  • Private collection of books within facility.
  • The choice of partially decorated suites
  • Parking available
  • Picturesque surroundings
  • Enclosed courtyard for pleasure or exercise
  • Individual mailboxes in central location
  • Fireplace within the lovely carpeted living room
  • Baby grand piano available for your enjoyment
  • Screened porch to enjoy the Texas costal climate
  • Furnished suites available for temporary and/or recuperative stays

Villa of Corpus Christi South offers unique coastal living, with a location only minutes from the shoreline. We continue to be progressive and flexible in meeting the changing needs of those needing assistance.

Map of Villa South Assisted Living & Memory Care