The Waterford at Corpus Christi

Reviews of The Waterford at Corpus Christi

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Corpus Christi

October 12, 2020

By Ray T.

My dad loves it here! He receives quality care and the staff is always on top of things. Administration is easily available.

Ray T., we are glad we could help! We love and care for our residents like family and feel very blessed you have chosen to place your father at Waterford Corpus Christi!

October 11, 2020

By Irma

I have been so welcomed at The Waterford Corpus Christi. My aunt is like a family member already. The first 14 days, she was in quarantined. So they kept everybody safe. They had to keep her in her room. But the girls were so good, they were constantly checking on her. They bathe her, they took her food to her, and her medicine. The goal was treat her like a princess. I said, “Hey, don’t get used to it. You’re gonna have to eventually leave the room. So she was finally out of quarantine. She was so excited when she called me about a couple of days ago. She says, “Oh, they finally took me to the dining area. It’s so beautiful! Oh, I am enjoying myself so much. The girls are so nice.” The staff there is awesome. Everybody, from the bottom all the way to the top. They've been so helpful. They’ve answered all our questions. The first couple of weeks, we had to keep checking on her, how she was doing. It was gonna be a big change for her. It was a big decision we had to make, but thank God for her case worker, Connie. It was like a blessing from heaven. Everything fell into place. It was between the girls there at the Waterford, and Connie over here, and us over here on the outside. I cannot say anything bad about this facility, cause it’s so beautiful. And it’s just down the street from where we live, and my daughters, too. We still keep tabs with her, we can walk thru the window and see her. We’re still keeping that safe distance from them. We understand. We gotta give them their privacy, and stuff like that. We have to abide by their rules. But she’s doing awesome, and now, we finally got her a phone in her room a couple of weeks ago. I get to communicate with her every day or twice a day. She’ll call me cause she’s so excited because she went to go play bingo. And she went with the girls, because somebody came to visit them, like the pastor or deacon or something. Of course they’re outside, and they’re inside. But still she likes that; their communication. The girls always have activities for them around the clock. She’s not in her room anymore, bored or anything. They’re taking her out, and she loves it. Everything happened so fast. Mary took me to the grand tour of the whole facility, and stuff. I was able to bring her the pictures, so she could see it, how beautiful it was, the windows that she could see outside. She’s one happy camper. When she cried, she was happy. And we were so happy for her, too. I told Mary, I said a couple of years from now you’re gonna have to save me a room, cause I’m coming moving in, girl. I said that’s a nice place to move into. I’m happy. We’re so much looking forward to the day that we can actually go see her physically. But for right now, phone is okay, windows are fine as long as we can see her.

January 25, 2019

By Gilbert

The Waterford at Corpus Christi was a fine place, which is why we chose it for my friend and we're really happy with it. They take the people on trips and outings and offer three meals a day. The staff I interact with is very good.

April 25, 2018

By Del

The Waterford at Corpus Christi is very clean. All the people are very friendly and helpful. They really made my dad feel like he's part of a family. He feels welcome. From what he tells me, the food is fantastic. If he wants a little bit more, they'll never say he can't have more. They're always there for him. He has a little suite with a bed and a little restroom, a little refrigerator, and a microwave. It's very nice for just a person because he doesn't need a lot of furniture or anything like that. He doesn't participate in many of the activities, but they have social hour on Fridays where people interact and dance. They have a library, an exercise room, a computer room, and outside facilities. The staff is super nice. They give me an update on my dad. He likes the food. The only time that he didn't care for it was when they had chicken and dumplings, but they have choices. You can get a sandwich, or a burger, and things like that. It's very clean and kept up. For what they offer, the price is good.

November 09, 2017

By Alex5555

Loved this community!!! The staff were very friendly and the place just seemed very welcoming. The director met with me and took me on a tour of the building. It was nice to have a tour that was not like a sales pitch, she listened, offered lots of resources and help for my mom! I was very impressed and moved my mom in the same month!! Since she has been there, I have been at ease knowing that she is getting the care she needs. Momma Mary is one of the best care providers I have ever met!! Thank you for everything!!

January 14, 2017

By Leann767241

They were not expecting us at The Waterford at Corpus Christi when we got there although we made an appointment. Nobody followed up with us even though we left all of our information there, and the maintenance man and one of the aides gave us a preview of the place. It’s a small facility. The common area is very bright and welcoming, but the hallways and the rooms where the residents live were sort of densy. There were no activities going on. It’s in a great neighborhood in Corpus Christi. It’s right by the hospital, and there are restaurants nearby. Out of the 3 places that we went, they had the largest rooms, but the place was old and needed updating.

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to The Waterford at Corpus Christi. We regret to hear that you had a negative experience If you would like to provide more feedback, please reach out to us so we can assist you further.

February 22, 2016

By Loving Son8

The Waterford was nice. The dining area was fine, and they had a menu. They had one-bedroom apartments, with a living room, and I liked it.

January 20, 2016

By Jimmy10

I liked the Waterford at Corpus Christi. It seemed to be nice, clean, and well set up, but it wasn’t right for my mother because she has limited access and can’t get around well. Unless it was a ground-floor apartment, it wasn’t good for her. Everything was fine and looked good. The dining room was nice, and there was also something like a party room or a visitors' dining room.

December 06, 2014

By Caring Realtor

I am very satisfied with the care my mother is given at this facility. The staff is very hard working and caring. The level of care will not be enough if Mom's condition advances. She will eventually have to be moved to a nursing home. I believe this provided a smoother transition from her home to a care facility than if we had placed her in a nursing home.

January 11, 2012

By commercesd

My brother and I visited The Esplanade Assisted Living as an option for our uncle. They both live Texas, so we're checking out places for our uncle to live, since he needs minimal care at this point. They do offer memory care, so should our uncle need that, they told us they can provide it as necessary. The common areas were lovely -- and very well maintained. There was plenty of room to spread out, relax and enjoy the outdoors, too. The location is near enough to interesting event that the residents can be taken out easily, as well. Our uncle really likes to get out and about. so this is important to us. The staff seemed very efficient, yet warm and caring. We could see that the residents really enjoyed living there. The private living quarters were elegantly designed, looked comfortable and spacious. The dining areas were really bright and fresh looking -- with very appetizing food. The chef understands how to feed people well and in a healthful way. They have full service facilities so that all of the needs of the residents are met. They also feature a Life Enrichment program where they focus on wellness, exercise and lots of other fun adventures for the residents. The team at this facility really impressed us -- from the way the facility was kept and designed - to how well the staff communicates and how caring they are. We could really see why this facility was awarded as the best of its kind in the area for three years running. A very nice, loving community for seniors.

Questions about The Waterford at Corpus Christi

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Corpus Christi. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents enjoy playing bingo, reading club and church services. The average age is between 70's and 80's.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Corpus Christi offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have fitness classes available to help them stay active. Many daily activities include physical, mental and social stimulation.

What places are near The Waterford at Corpus Christi or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are many restaurants and a shopping center walking distance from the community.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Corpus Christi offer to assisted living residents?

The Waterford provides transportation to and from doctors appointments (Monday / Tuesday). Tracy, Activities Director takes the residents to and from HEB or Walmart bi-weekly for essentials. "The Lunch Bunch" goes to eat monthly to celebrate resident birthdays. Transportation is provided for any activities that require leaving the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Corpus Christi exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Bill has been with the company for many years. He enjoys trying different recipes to get the residents feedback. The residents have a monthly meeting with Chef Bill to discuss menu options and alternate menu suggestions.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Corpus Christi offer to assisted living residents?

The doors are locked from 7pm to 7am. This is to ensure that all visitors are signing in and the residents are expecting a visit.

How does The Waterford at Corpus Christi keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The residents usually keep in contact with their family and loved ones. Sometimes the family members will call the wellness director to get an update on the residents well-being. If there are any changes in condition the responsible party is always notified.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Corpus Christi during daytime and nighttime hours?

There are always two care partners on staff on every shift.

If The Waterford at Corpus Christi accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a beautiful courtyard where the residents take their pets to play, exercise and enjoy the weather.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff members receive monthly in-services from the Wellness Director as well as monthly training online.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Corpus Christi provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents are free to come and go as they please. For residents that tend to wander within the building, we try to redirect when possible.

Photos of The Waterford at Corpus Christi

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Corpus Christi

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Yes

About The Waterford at Corpus Christi

Set sail to The Waterford at Corpus Christi, offering Assisted Living services in Corpus, Christi, Texas. Our community, just minutes from Padre Island National Seashore, lets residents bask in the warm sunshine and even warmer service of our experienced staff. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious - with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our community strikes the perfect balance between care and safety. All of our floor plans give residents sought-after amenities that create comfortable spaces and offer privacy. Residents can find plenty to do in our common areas, from swapping stories and meeting new friends to taking part in community events put on by our Activity Director. Monthly calendars feature a diverse range of activities, from Zumba fitness classes and bingo games to sing-alongs and social hours. When residents wish to explore the surrounding area, our convenient location near State Highway 358 allows residents to reach destinations near and far, including restaurants, shopping and entertainment venues.

Map of The Waterford at Corpus Christi