4 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookville, PA
Also serving communities of Summerville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brookville area, with 2 in Brookville and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brookville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brookville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Brookville, PA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookville
Brookville is a small borough in Pennsylvania of roughly 4,000 residents, a little less than 900 of whom are aged 65 and over. The borough has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides services like congregate meals, information and assistance and transportation, as well as one senior center.
Seniors who need regular assistance with the activities of daily living may transition to one of Brookville's two assisted living facilities. These facilities are categorized as personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, or as assisted living residences, which are licensed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookville
- On a 100-point health index, the air quality in Brookville is rated 50, versus the national average of 58. This indicates a slightly higher level of hazardous air pollutants, which may be a concern for some seniors.
- Seniors in Pennsylvania do not pay state income tax on any type of retirement income, including government and private pensions, Social Security benefits and withdrawals from retirement savings accounts. This may leave more money available for assisted living services for Brookville seniors.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Brookville range between 16 and 81 degrees, making this city one of the cooler ones in the state. On average, it gets about 42 inches of annual snowfall. Seniors may want to investigate indoor clubs, classes and activities that are available through their assisted living facility or local senior center to stay occupied during the winter months.
- Seniors seeking a safe city for their retirement years may find Brookville to be a good option. On a 100-point crime index, with a low score indicating less crime, the city's violent crime rate is 9.4 and the property crime rate is 20.9, compared to the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
Brookville's cost of living is rated 81.9 on a cost of living index based on a national score of 100, indicating a cost of living that is nearly 20% lower than the nationwide average. This may make it a good option for seniors with tight retirement budgets.
- The Brookville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Penn Highlands Brookville, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Brookville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookville
Assisted living in Brookville is not covered under any private or state-funded program, though SSI beneficiaries may use their cash benefit to cover housing and care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookville
Brookville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookville
Brookville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brookville
Review of Laurelbrooke Landing
I have had 3 relatives as patients here. All were treated with respect, had excellent care, and good results The place is immaculate. Food is good. For rehab care it can't be beat. Read more