3 Assisted Living Facilities near Clarion, PA
Also serving communities of Sligo.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clarion area, with 2 in Clarion and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarion, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarion, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarion
Clarion is a borough of about 5,300 people, nearly 12% of whom are seniors, in Clarion County, Pennsylvania. It's home to the Clarion Free Library, which offers print and non-print materials and hosts book clubs and cultural programs that seniors can participate in.
Clarion seniors who need extra help with the activities of daily living and who no longer want the responsibilities of maintaining a home may transition to one of Clarion's two assisted living facilities. These facilities may be classified as assisted living residences, which are governed by the Department of Aging, or as personal care homes, which are governed by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarion
- Budget-conscious seniors who are seeking out affordable assisted living may find Clarion to be a good option. This city's overall cost of living is about 20% lower than state and national averages, which may result in lower senior care expenses.
- Clarion has a relatively cool climate with summer highs around 80 degrees and winter lows in the mid-teens. The city gets about 42 inches of annual snowfall, which may be a concern for seniors who do their own driving.
- Overall, Clarion's crime rate is about 60% lower than Pennsylvania's average and 72% lower than the nationwide average, and the total number of year-over-year crimes here has dropped by 47%. This may make Clarion a good fit for seniors who are seeking a safe community for their retirement years.
- Clarion has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Clarion Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides farmers market vouchers, care management and legal assistance to local seniors, as well as one senior center.
- The Clarion area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Clarion Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Clarion and the rest of the commonwealth, seniors hang on to the entirety of their Social Security benefits, withdrawals from retirement savings accounts and pension income, as the state does not impose an income tax on any retirement income.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarion
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Clarion start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarion and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarion
Currently, there are no private or state-funded financial aid programs for seniors who need help covering assisted living expenses. However, low-income seniors who are SSI beneficiaries may use this cash benefit toward services and room-and-board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarion
Clarion and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarion, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarion
Clarion-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.