5 Assisted Living Facilities near Franklin, PA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Franklin area, with 3 in Franklin and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Franklin is $3,630 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Franklin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Franklin 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oil City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Franklin, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Franklin, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Franklin
Franklin is a small city of just 300 people, about 83 of whom are aged 65 and over. In spite of its small size, it's rich in cultural amenities that provide seniors with plenty of opportunities to explore the community. It's also home to the Barrow-Civic Theatre, which hosts live entertainment throughout the year. Seniors aged 60 and over are eligible to receive discounted admission on FCOA productions.
Seniors who need assistance with some daily living activities may reside in one of Franklin's two assisted living facilities. These facilities are licensed by either the Department of Aging or the Department of Public Welfare, depending on where they're classified as assisted living residences or personal care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Franklin
- Franklin seniors do not pay state income tax on any retirement income, including Social Security benefits, pension income or withdrawals from retirement accounts. This may allow them to more easily afford local assisted living expenses.
- The Franklin area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Seneca.
- The cost of living in Franklin is over 25% lower than the state and national averages, which may make the city a financially viable option for seniors with fixed incomes. While Franklin's overall affordability is largely due to low housing costs, seniors may also expect to spend about 20% less on healthcare here than in the average Pennsylvania city.
- While Franklin's property crime rate is on par with the nationwide average, rating 35.1 on a 100-point index, its violent crime rate is 16.7, which is several points lower than the average U.S. city. This may provide peace of mind for safety-minded retirees and their families.
Summers in Franklin are comfortable with highs averaging 80 degrees, but winters tend to be harsh with lows in the teens and an average snowfall of 75 inches. Icy conditions may be a consideration for seniors who still do their own driving.
- On a health scale of 1 to 100, Franklin's air quality ranks several points higher than the national average of 58, at 66. Seniors who have respiratory or cardiovascular conditions that are worsened by poor air quality may find Franklin to be a good option.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Franklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Franklin start around $3,630 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Franklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Franklin
Currently, Pennsylvania doesn't fund any programs that cover assisted living services in Franklin. However, low-income seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit toward senior care expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Franklin
Franklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Franklin, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Franklin
Franklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Franklin
Review of The Caring Place
I saw The Caring Place for my mother. The only issue was I thought we were pretty clear that we were looking for the nursing home part of it, but they gave us a tour of the assisted living. There w... Read more
Review of The Caring Place
My brother is in The Caring Place and we have been well pleased with his care and adjustment to being there, He enjoys all the activities and loves going to their church services. I feel it"s very ... Read more
Review of The Caring Place
It's never easy to see a loved one loose their independence and have to go live in a specialized care facility like this. But I think this nursing home offer a lot of nice ammentities for resident... Read more