13 Assisted Living Facilities near Kittanning, PA
Also serving communities of Ford City.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kittanning area, with 8 in Kittanning and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kittanning is $1,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kittanning. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kittanning 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sarver with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kittanning, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kittanning, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kittanning
Seniors in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, can explore the Armstrong County Historical Museum or visit the Belmont Sports Complex. They can dig through written history, take a relaxing swim in the Belmont pools and choose from 9 assisted living facilities right within city limits, with 23 in the nearby area.
Assisted living facilities in the state of Pennsylvania are defined as facilities that create a homelike setting for seniors and provide 24-hour supervision and care. Services such as organized social activities and medication management may be offered. These facilities are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kittanning
- Kittanning has received a cost of living score of 85.7 out of 100, which is 14 percent lower than the national average. Seniors living here can more easily afford their daily expenses and entertainment.
- The rates in Kittanning for violent and property crime are 13 percent lower than the national averages, which can make seniors and their loved ones feel quite secure while on errands or within their own homes.
- Seniors have access to a fixed-route bus service through Kittanning’s Town and Country Transit, which also provides a shared ride service for seniors with limited mobility that can schedule pickups for seniors throughout the city.
- The Kittanning area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Armstrong Center for Medicine and Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty being active in the winter months, due to the chilly average temperature of 19 degrees in January, and 31 inches of snowfall. Summers are much warmer, with an average high of 84 degrees in July.
- The American Lung Association has given Kittanning an ozone score rating of F, which may cause trouble for seniors with serious respiratory illnesses. The 24-hour particle pollution score is much better, rated A.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kittanning
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Kittanning start around $1,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kittanning and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kittanning
Seniors in Pennsylvania may eligible for state supplement to Supplemental Security Income. There are no Medicaid supplements at this time for assisted living costs in the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kittanning
Kittanning and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kittanning, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kittanning
Kittanning-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kittanning
Review of Rivercliff Terrace Annex
Rivercliff Terrace Annex had a very open main floor. It had elevators, all the rooms were private with their own private bathroom, and there was a shower room on each floor. It was just a nice open... Read more
Review of Rivercliff Terrace Annex
We got my mom into a personal care facility called Rivercliff Terrace Annex. I like its location to her church, which is right across the street, which is not far, so she doesn't have to feel coope... Read more
Review of Country Manor
Country Manor is very, very nice. If you want a country setting where you can look on a field, corral with horses and a hillside, it's absolutely beautiful. They're nice people that talked with us.... Read more