The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in DuBois, PA for 2023
Also serving communities of Reynoldsville, Brockway, Ridgway, Saint Marys.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the DuBois area, with 3 in DuBois and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in DuBois is $1,986 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in DuBois. On average, consumers rate assisted living in DuBois 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Punxsutawney with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in DuBois, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in DuBois, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dubois
DuBois has a rich history as a Pennsylvania coal mining town, and today, it’s the largest city in Clearfield County, located about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. A population of 7,454 gives DuBois a small-town feel, but the 18 percent of residents who are over the age of 65 have plenty of housing options, including three assisted living communities right in town and another 14 in nearby communities. In DuBois, as in all of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Human Services’ Bureau of Human Services Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dubois
- The air quality in DuBois is higher than the nation's average, earning a score of 60 out of 100. By comparison, Pittsburgh's air quality scores a 39, making DuBois a healthier alternative for seniors with respiratory problems.
- From walking the mall to enjoying the city’s park, library, public golf course and small, historic downtown, DuBois offers a number of activities for seniors. The DuBois Senior and Community Center recently changed its name to the Parkside Community Center, but it still provides the same excellent programming, including classes, dances and game nights.
- The DuBois area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Penn Highlands DuBois, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in DuBois is lower than the U.S. average, earning an index of 80, compared to an index of 100 for the nation and 97 for Pennsylvania. Housing is a major factor in the cost of living difference. The cost of living index for housing in DuBois is a cool 43, compared to Pennsylvania's 85, which makes DuBois a good option for seniors living on a budget.
- The weather in DuBois is warm in the summer and cold in winter. It rarely gets below four degrees Fahrenheit or above 87. Rainfall and snowfall are above average, with 43 inches of each every year, which may make it difficult for some seniors to get around.
- If you need a ride in DuBois, DuFast Transit will get you where you need to go. Seniors aged 65 and older can sign up for a free transit pass to ride free all day, every day. The pass never expires, and it can be used for any public bus system in the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dubois
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in DuBois start around $1,986 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in DuBois and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dubois
Pennsylvania offers Supplemental Security Income benefits, which can help pay for assisted living costs in DuBois. A senior with medical needs may apply for Medical Assistance (MA) and payment of long-term care services through the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dubois
Dubois and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dubois, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dubois
Dubois-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in DuBois, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in DuBois
Review of Dubois Village
DuBois Village was very nice. I liked everything about it, but what was holding me back was the cost of it. When I asked about the semi-private rooms which they had, they just kind of pooh- poohed ... Read more
Review of Christ the King Manor
We were very pleased with our mothers care while she was there, i will give it a 4 The business office is a different story. Pay attention to the billing part. Read more
Review of Christ the King Manor
In my experience with Christ the King Manor, the staff seemed well trained and very sympathetic with the residents the were helping. The facility it's self was clean and very well kept. There seeme... Read more