10 Assisted Living Facilities near Marysville, OH
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marysville area, with 4 in Marysville and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marysville is $2,884 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 46 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marysville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marysville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Plain City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Marysville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marysville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Marysville, OH
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Marysville, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marysville
Marysville is one of the fastest growing communities in central Ohio, with the population growing an estimated 8 percent since 2010. Currently around 24,000 people live in the city, and almost 10 percent of the population is aged 65 or older. There are three assisted living facilities catering to senior residents and a further six in the nearby communities of Dublin, Plain City and Delaware. These facilities are monitored and licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. Licenses differ based on the size of the facility and the level of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marysville
- Marysville can be cold in winter, with an average January low of 20 degrees. The city gets 22 inches of snow each year, 4 inches less than the national average. In July the average high is 85 degrees, but Marysville only gets 173 sunny days each year, over 30 fewer than the national average. This may not appeal to seniors who enjoy the sunshine.
- The Marysville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Marysville is rated 100 on the Sperling cost of living index, which is equal to the national average but 12 points higher than the state average. Although groceries are three points lower than the Ohio average, health care is three points higher. Seniors may be able to stretch their retirement budgets further in other areas of Ohio.
- Marysville has an array of community resources for seniors, including Union County Senior Services, an organization that provides a wide range of services for seniors and caregivers, as well as two senior centers.
- Seniors in Ohio who rely on retirement funds or pensions will have to pay income tax on that income, although tax credits are available. Social Security income is not subject to income tax. Sales tax in the state is higher than the national average which may put pressure on seniors with a fixed income.
- The Union County Agency Transportation Service (UCATS) provides transport to eligible seniors in Marysville. Transport must be arranged in advance and can be used for medical and personal appointments.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marysville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Marysville start around $2,884 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marysville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marysville
Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program offers financial assistance to eligible residents of assisted living facilities and is available in Marysville. Seniors who receive Social Security income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marysville
Marysville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marysville, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marysville
Marysville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Marysville, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marysville
Review of Walnut Crossing
Walnut Crossing did not have any rooms available, but everything was good and very modern. The staff was very nice, very interactive, and very good. They showed us three different rooms, one was se... Read more
Review of Gables at Green Pastures
We toured several assisted living facilities and The Gables of Green just seemed like the right fit for my dad. The facility i is beautiful, staff has been very courteous and helpful. Dad seems to... Read more
Review of Walnut Crossing
I like Walnut Crossing because it is new, but I didn't like that I didn't see any residents out and about. It led me to believe that maybe everybody is in his/her room, and that's not what I'm look... Read more