6 Assisted Living Facilities near Geneva, OH
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Geneva area, with 1 in Geneva and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Geneva. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Geneva 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Geneva, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Geneva, OH
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Geneva, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Geneva
Review of Sanctuary of Geneva Limited Partnership
My mother is moving into assisted living at the end of this week at The Sanctuary of Geneva. We chose it because of its proximity to us and because it's a small, homey place. It didn’t have a clini... Read more
Assisted Living near Ashtabula County, OH
More Options Near Geneva, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Geneva
In Geneva, people age 65 and older make up 18.7 percent of the city's 6,016 population. Even though there isn't a massive senior population in the area, aging citizens have 10 assisted living facilities in the Fairfield County area from which to choose. Like all of the assisted living facilities in Ohio, those in Fairfield County are licensed and regulated by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Geneva
- Seniors in Geneva might appreciate the area's moderate summer, spring and fall weather. During the summer, high temperatures rarely exceed 82 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the city is prone to harsh winter weather, including low temperatures around 23 degrees Fahrenheit and regular snowfall between November and March.
- Seniors in Ohio don't pay income tax on Social Security income. However, the state is only considered moderately tax friendly toward seniors because withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed at 2.97 percent and pension payments are partially taxed.
- Geneva's overall cost of living index is 9 percent lower than the national average and on par with the rest of Ohio. However, because most of the difference is due to housing costs, seniors should still expect to pay above-average prices for miscellaneous goods, groceries and health care services.
- The Geneva area is home to world-class medical facilities, including University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Geneva has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ashtabula County Council on Aging, an organization that promotes the health, well-being and dignity of aging citizens through advocacy programs and services, as well as one senior center.
- Geneva seniors may appreciate that the city is safer than approximately 81 percent of U.S. communities. The area's violent crime rate is well below the national average, so seniors should feel relatively safe when venturing outside their community.
Paying for Assisted Living in Geneva
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Geneva start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Geneva and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Geneva
Geneva area seniors who need help paying assisted living costs can apply for assistance through the MyCare Ohio program or the Assisted Living Waiver program. Ohio's Residential State Supplement program also helps cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Geneva
Geneva and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Geneva, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Geneva
Geneva-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.