5 Assisted Living Facilities near Ashtabula, OH
Also serving communities of Conneaut.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ashtabula area, with 3 in Ashtabula and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ashtabula is $3,957 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,510.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ashtabula. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ashtabula 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Geneva with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ashtabula, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ashtabula, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ashtabula
Ashtabula, Ohio gets its name—which means “always enough fish to be shared around”—from its location on the Ashtabula River and Lake Erie. Located in the northeast corner of the state, the city is home to 18,371 residents. About 29 percent of those are at or older than age 55 and at some point may need the services provided in an assisted living community. Four of the seven assisted living facilities (ALFs) serving this community are located in the neighboring cities of Austinburg, Madison, Conneaut and Geneva. The Ohio Department of Health serves as the regulatory agency for licensing and inspection.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ashtabula
- Seniors who love snow will find no shortage of it in Ashtabula, as the city gets more than seven feet of it every year on average. While temperatures don’t dip quite as low as they do in other snow-rich regions, bottoming at around 20 Fahrenheit, the Sperling’s Comfort Index rank is still lower than average.
- Housing in Ashtabula is a steal at just 27 percent of the national average, bringing the overall cost of living down to 74.5 percent of the national average. The only area exceeding the national average is transportation, and even that’s higher by just 2 percent. That puts more money in the pockets of seniors, who often have more limited funds available to spend.
- The cheaper cost of living in Ashtabula might come with a higher cost of safety for seniors. Violent crime and property crime rates exceed the national averages by 50.6 and 42.6 percent, respectively.
- Seniors will find plenty of entertainment in venues in Ashtabula such as Walnut Beach, music in Cornelius Park, wineries, the Ashtabula Mall, Hubbard House, Ashtabula Maritime Museum and antique car shows.
- Seniors who need transportation can use the Ashtabula County Trans System or Richmond Transportation. The city also offers a door-to-door service to areas that aren’t accessible by the point deviation bus routes.
- Ashtabula is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ashtabula County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ashtabula
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Ashtabula start around $3,627 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ashtabula and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ashtabula
Ashtabula seniors who need monetary assistance paying for ALF might be able to take advantage of the Assisted Living Waiver Program (replaced with MyCare Ohio in some counties) and Ohio Residential State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ashtabula
Ashtabula and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ashtabula, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ashtabula
Ashtabula-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ashtabula, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ashtabula
Review of Lantern Of Saybrook
I like Lantern Of Saybrook the best. It's like a little town that's all under cover. You can do independent living or assisted living. I met with the director, and she's absolutely an awesome human... Read more
Review of Country Club Rehabilitation Campus at Ashtabula
Country Club Rehabilitation Campus at Ashtabula's general appearance was good, but it's an older facility. The lady who gave us the tour was not as friendly as the staff where my brother is now. Th... Read more
Review of Country Club Rehabilitation Campus at Ashtabula
What a wonderful place to have rehab! Friendly staff and residents! Food was great! Read more