Brookdale Mentor

Reviews of Brookdale Mentor

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Mentor

September 14, 2017

By Frustrated in OH

My mother was a resident in the assisted living area at Brookdale Mentor and, in general, it is a nice facility. However, when she started to exhibit signs of dementia, it was clear that she needed additional care. Unfortunately, this transition was not handled well by the staff at Brookdale Mentor. Administration and staff did not seem trained to handle a high-functioning resident with dementia, even giving her an antipsychotic medication to reduce her agitation instead of addressing the fundamental issue of her illness. Furthermore, as it is first and foremost a business, the cost of her care went up every month.
We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

September 08, 2017

By Anonymous for Mom

I would not recommend this location if you have a 'high-functioning' Alzheimer's family member!! They are more equipped to handle mobility issues, but not so equipped for the dementia patient. They did not do a good job at 'customer service'!!
We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our management team.

August 16, 2017

By Roger D

My wife was in the memory care unit for about 5 months. There were many unresolved problems with her medications not being given when ordered. She was sent to the ER three times in the first three weeks due to medication problems. The place has very few activities for the patients. Most of the time they just sit in front of a TV. Clothing is lost, rooms are not cleaned and beds are not changed regularly. This is a locked unit but my wife got out and was found approximately 1/4-1/2 Mile away. I have moved my wife to another memory care facility. She has been there about 1 month with no problems. The new place knows how to take care of the patients. I regret the day I entrusted my wife's care to Brookdale Mentor. I would not put anyone that you love and care for in this place.

August 31, 2015

By Uprin2002

I would give this facility a 0 if I could. This place is dangerous and dirty. The memory care unit is a disaster!!!! Since brookdale has taken over the ride has been continuously DOWN. The residents do nothing but watch tv. In the old days there were crafts, cards and games. Each time I visit they are doing nothing but watching the tube. No one there wants to talk to you. Many, almost all, of the former employees that we came to know and trust have been fired or have left. PLEASE do not subject your loved one to this facility.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

March 23, 2015

By Cheryl103254450

I visited Brookdale (Emeritus at Mentor), and it would be easier to say what I didn't like; that was nothing. I liked the rooms. The dining area was nice. It was clean, neat, and had a homey atmosphere. They had services that they gave the residents to go shopping and stuff like that. They do a lot of activities.

December 01, 2014

By Sadfaced

I have a relative living there at the moment and highly agree with one of the August reviews I just read. The aides are not properly trained and there are few of them available. They do not help bathe the resident even though that is part of the care we are paying for. Items are always missing from the laundry and things have disappeared from my relatives room. Narcotics are one thing that was stolen and nothing was done about it. The food is consistently bad and the rent continues to increase. The cleaning is insufficient and complaints get you absolutely no where. The residents rooms do not get cleaned and the bathrooms never seem to get cleaned. I requested the shower be cleaned and all they did was rinse it with water. Very unsanitary. Carpet is rarely vacuumed in the halls and never in the residents rooms. As far as ringing for help the wait is a good 30 minutes. If it was a serious call the resident could die in that time. Highly unsatisfied and would not recommend to anyone.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your experience in greater detail.

August 04, 2014

By seniors1

We are currently in process of locating another facility for our parent. The management at this location seems to be more concerned about the bottom dollar rather than a residents needs and their dignity. Continuously understaffed. Long wait times for assistance (over 30 minutes or more with no response), do not clean residents perineal area well, when at all, leaving them vulnerable to UTI's. Have witnessed aides taking incontinence products from our parent's room to use on other residents, although we pay extra charge monthly for this. Have notified management on numerous occasions. Missing articles of clothing, 8 at last count. Management keeps saying they will search and locate. 3 months later never found and returned. Rooms rarely cleaned and when it is, inadequate to say the least. Have no complaints with activity director. Most nursing staff seems capable. Aides are NOT trained well at all. Management here unresponsive. MANY broken promises. Do not get the care we are paying for. Very disappointed. Look elsewhere.

September 19, 2013

The residents in Emeritus at Mentor appeared to be engaged socially with one another and so I think my parents would benefit from that. The rooms were smaller than what I have expected but they were definitely well kept and nice. Their dining facility appeared fine too.

May 29, 2013

By Fallenrocker

Very clean, like a luxury hotel and the staff seemed very caring and attentive

April 26, 2013

By Mezzokatie

We are SUPER disappointed in not only how the home is cared for but how the residents are cared for. Some of the biggest things we have noticed is the lack of cleanliness of the rooms AND the residents, putting residents to bed before 7pm so the staff has an easier time, and then of course, always raising rates to cover? I would not recommend to anyone who cares about their loved one to put them in the position where the quality of their life is less important than a dollar.

January 24, 2013

By Jjr503

The facility promises many things that it simply does not deliver upon. While it has a nice common area and the food is good there is much, much more to finding the right facility for your loved one. We were told that a caregiver would stop by every hour but whenever we visited it was more like every 2 hours. They were understaffed on holidays and at night from what we saw and response time when we were looking for help. Laundry was lost frequently and the cleanliness of the room was subpar at best. We bought personal supplies for him that employees would take and use for other patients. The final disappointment was when my loved one was in the hospital and I stopped by Emeritus to get some personal effects and I found an employee of the facility asleep in his bed. Do yourself and your loved one a favor and find a different facility.

February 28, 2012

By drbliss

Emeritus assisted living is a very nice place. Very clean, organized and does not have the "death" feel to it. All the staff is very courteous and caring. I have toured the facilities there and would gladly go there in my old age. All the Residences seem very happy and well taken care of. They are encouraged to participate in events and activities to keep their spirits up. I have experienced one bad nurse there that just yells at the residences in a very mean tone and does not seem to care much about her job.

December 13, 2011

By WannaErto

My great aunt was showing early signs of Alzheimer's. My cousin tried to convince her to move in with her but my great aunt wouldn't hear of it. She wanted to maintain as much independence as possible for as long as she could. So we decided that an assisted living facility would be the best option for her. An associate of mine recommeded Emeritus. So I called and asked if my family could take a tour. We were very impressed with what we saw and learned during our visit. Emeritus has a program for those with Alzheimer's. It's called Join Their Journey, and it focuses on the special needs that those with Alzheimer's have. Another important feature was that pets are welcome. My great aunt has a cat that is like a child to her. There is an on site Beauty Salon, Library, and Activities Center. Off-site excursions are also available. They also offer housekeeping and laundry service and restaurant style dining. In addition to all of that the facility was incredibly clean and well kept. And the residents that we came into contact with seemed very happy and well cared for. So we decided to place my great aunt at Emeritus. That was a little over a year ago. She is happy and healthy and loves her apartment.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Mentor

Photos of Brookdale Mentor

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Mentor

About Brookdale Mentor

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Mentor