Brookdale Mentor

Reviews of Brookdale Mentor

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Mentor

July 31, 2018

By Mark

The rooms at Brookdale Mentor weren't quite as nice as the other place. The staff was very nice. The place was very clean and very nice. It was very appealing from the curb, but it seemed the other community was more well-suited for my parents' current state of health and their age. The dining area was nice. It felt like a comfortable setting, but it was not what I would call a formal eating area.

October 17, 2017

By NicoleH

Our family experience with our loved one living in memory care at Brookdale Mentor has been very positive. It makes me very sad to see the negative reviews on here. I could not imagine our loved one being anywhere else because the care is wonderful and any concerns are addressed quickly. I think if the negative reviewer would talk to the community they would find that the concern is addressed and the communication would make a big difference. I also think we need to accept that the community can't change the disease which causes us all as loved ones so much pain that is sometimes directed in the wrong direction. Our family is very happy and hope you all can find peace.

September 26, 2017

By kellym58

Our mom has been living in the memory care for over a year. We are so happy with the care and compassion she is shown daily. We visit two to three times daily and are always happy with the associates, managers and most of all the wonderful care mom receives. The memory care staff at Brookdale Mentor are the best, we can't thank them enough for the love and compassion they show mom every day.

September 22, 2017

By loveforothers

I would not recommend Brookdale of Mentor. I visited there on a regular basis of 2/3 times a week. The staff on the memory care unit is not trained properly to handle active dementia patients. They are better with non-ambulatory patients. Redirecting skills are extremely poor. Cleanliness is at a bear minimum. They have one full time janitor/maintenance person who is responsible for the whole building. The aides who are responsible for caring for your loved one are responsible for cleaning the unit also. There are two per shift except for 3rd shift. Feeding, changing diapers, washing and giving showers, doing laundry, setting up for meals, feeding some patients, cleaning up after meals, rounding up and watching patients, dressing, helping in and out of bed and cleaning the unit are just a few of tasks the 2 aides are responsible for on a unit that holds 15 patients. The heath and wellness administrator is very inexperienced in dealing with family members or loved ones. Attitude and defensiveness does not work in this setting. Please consider another memory care unit.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

September 14, 2017

By Frustrated in OH

My mother was a resident in the assisted living area at Brookdale Mentor and, in general, it is a nice facility. However, when she started to exhibit signs of dementia, it was clear that she needed additional care. Unfortunately, this transition was not handled well by the staff at Brookdale Mentor. Administration and staff did not seem trained to handle a high-functioning resident with dementia, even giving her an antipsychotic medication to reduce her agitation instead of addressing the fundamental issue of her illness. Furthermore, as it is first and foremost a business, the cost of her care went up every month.

September 08, 2017

By Anonymous for Mom

I would not recommend this location if you have a 'high-functioning' Alzheimer's family member!! They are more equipped to handle mobility issues, but not so equipped for the dementia patient. They did not do a good job at 'customer service'!!

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our management team.

August 16, 2017

By Roger D

My wife was in the memory care unit for about 5 months. There were many unresolved problems with her medications not being given when ordered. She was sent to the ER three times in the first three weeks due to medication problems. The place has very few activities for the patients. Most of the time they just sit in front of a TV. Clothing is lost, rooms are not cleaned and beds are not changed regularly. This is a locked unit but my wife got out and was found approximately 1/4-1/2 Mile away. I have moved my wife to another memory care facility. She has been there about 1 month with no problems. The new place knows how to take care of the patients. I regret the day I entrusted my wife's care to Brookdale Mentor. I would not put anyone that you love and care for in this place.

August 31, 2015

By Uprin2002

I would give this facility a 0 if I could. This place is dangerous and dirty. The memory care unit is a disaster!!!! Since brookdale has taken over the ride has been continuously DOWN. The residents do nothing but watch tv. In the old days there were crafts, cards and games. Each time I visit they are doing nothing but watching the tube. No one there wants to talk to you. Many, almost all, of the former employees that we came to know and trust have been fired or have left. PLEASE do not subject your loved one to this facility.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

March 23, 2015

By Cheryl103254450

I visited Brookdale and it would be easier to say what I didn't like; that was nothing. I liked the rooms. The dining area was nice. It was clean, neat, and had a homey atmosphere. They had services that they gave the residents to go shopping and stuff like that. They do a lot of activities.

December 01, 2014

By Sadfaced

I have a relative living there at the moment and highly agree with one of the August reviews I just read. The aides are not properly trained and there are few of them available. They do not help bathe the resident even though that is part of the care we are paying for. Items are always missing from the laundry and things have disappeared from my relatives room. Narcotics are one thing that was stolen and nothing was done about it. The food is consistently bad and the rent continues to increase. The cleaning is insufficient and complaints get you absolutely no where. The residents rooms do not get cleaned and the bathrooms never seem to get cleaned. I requested the shower be cleaned and all they did was rinse it with water. Very unsanitary. Carpet is rarely vacuumed in the halls and never in the residents rooms. As far as ringing for help the wait is a good 30 minutes. If it was a serious call the resident could die in that time. Highly unsatisfied and would not recommend to anyone.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your experience in greater detail.

August 04, 2014

By seniors1

We are currently in process of locating another facility for our parent. The management at this location seems to be more concerned about the bottom dollar rather than a residents needs and their dignity. Continuously understaffed. Long wait times for assistance (over 30 minutes or more with no response), do not clean residents perineal area well, when at all, leaving them vulnerable to UTI's. Have witnessed aides taking incontinence products from our parent's room to use on other residents, although we pay extra charge monthly for this. Have notified management on numerous occasions. Missing articles of clothing, 8 at last count. Management keeps saying they will search and locate. 3 months later never found and returned. Rooms rarely cleaned and when it is, inadequate to say the least. Have no complaints with activity director. Most nursing staff seems capable. Aides are NOT trained well at all. Management here unresponsive. MANY broken promises. Do not get the care we are paying for. Very disappointed. Look elsewhere.

May 29, 2013

By Fallenrocker

Very clean, like a luxury hotel and the staff seemed very caring and attentive

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Mentor

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Mentor

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Mentor