3 Assisted Living Facilities near Springfield, MN
Also serving communities of Comfrey, Walnut Grove.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Springfield area, with 2 in Springfield and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Springfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springfield 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Springfield, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springfield
Originally named Burns in honor of John and Daniel Burns, the first settlers to arrive in the area, the city of Springfield, Minnesota, was established 1869. Lying in the middle of some of Minnesota's most fertile farmland, the settlement quickly grew to a village and was eventually Springfield in 1869, renamed after a natural spring in the area. It officially became a city in 1923.
The city consists of 2,015 residents, of whom 26.7% are over the age of 65. To serve this high percentage of seniors the City has two assisted living facilities licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health with a third located nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springfield
- Springfield is a economical area to live in. Its cost of living is 21% lower than the national average and 27% below the state norm. The one downside is that healthcare costs are slightly higher than the Minnesota median, despite being 13 points below the national average. Overall, Springfield could work for seniors on a tight budget.
- Crime in Springfield is nearly non-existent. Its property crime rate is 5.9 as compared to the national average of 35.4 and state rate of 33.2. Violent crime is only marginally higher with a rate of 7.1 versus the national median of 22.7 and state median of 15.7. Security minded seniors will likely be impressed with Springfield.
- For seniors who enjoy the outdoors the climate in Springfield is a mixed blessing. Summer highs only reach the mid-80s making it very pleasant. Winter lows though drop into the single-digits and the city averages 41 inches of snow a year.
- The air in Springfield received a rating of 90 on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. Considering that 100 is a perfect score, this could make the area attractive for seniors with pulmonary and respiratory problems.
- The Springfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The City of Springfield has few options for seniors who enjoy the arts and cultural activities and public transportation is non-existent in this small rural town. For non-driving seniors, this could be cause for concern.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Springfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springfield
There are two state programs that may help seniors in Springfield afford assisted living: the Medicaid 1915(c) Elderly Waiver and the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program. These can help with some costs for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springfield
Springfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springfield
Springfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Springfield, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springfield
Review of Vista Ridge Suites
Vista ridge is a lovely facility and I had a great experience visiting there. The staff and residents were very welcoming and friendly. Several different staff members greeted us and checked that... Read more