47 Assisted Living Facilities near Wyoming, MI
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wyoming area, with 7 in Wyoming and 40 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wyoming is $4,305 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Grandville with an average starting cost of $4,275.
To help you with your search, browse the 164 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wyoming. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wyoming 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grandville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wyoming, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wyoming, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wyoming
The city of Wyoming, which is the largest suburb of Grand Rapids, is located in Kent County, Michigan. The city is home to a 3.5-mile stretch of 28th Street, which is one of Michigan's most commercially dense roadways. Here, seniors will find numerous shops, restaurants and entertainment venues, as well as an abundance of parks and golf courses.
The city's 7,600 seniors have six assisted living facilities to choose from within the city proper, as well as an additional 40 nearby. These facilities, which are officially known as homes for the aged or adult foster care depending on the minimum age of the residents they accommodate, are licensed and regulated by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wyoming
- Wyoming's climate features warm summers and cold, windy winters. The summer months are comfortable, with average highs in the low-80s, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy being outdoors. However, the city's annual snowfall of 70 inches may be a concern for seniors with mobility difficulties.
- The overall cost of living in Wyoming is 9 percent below the national average. The biggest area that seniors may save money is in their medical expenses, as health care in this city costs about 17 percent less than elsewhere in the country.
- Wyoming seniors do not have to pay income tax on their Social Security benefit. While income from retirement accounts and pensions is taxed, the state provides a large deduction for these types of retirement income.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, Wyoming's property crime rate is 33.4 and its violent crime rate is 28.9. This is compared to the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1, respectively. The city's relatively low crime rates may provide peace of mind to seniors and their families.
- Public transportation in Wyoming is provided courtesy of The Rapid, which operates more than two dozen routes throughout the region. Seniors 65 and over are eligible for reduced fare. Additionally, the Wyoming Senior Center offers a discounted Go-Bus! ticket program, which provides door-to-door service for seniors who cannot manage public transportation routes.
- The Wyoming area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Metro Health Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wyoming
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Wyoming start around $4,305 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wyoming and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wyoming
Seniors in Wyoming who meet income guidelines and reside in a home for the aged may apply to have their assisted living expenses covered by the Medicaid State Plan. Additionally, Michigan provides an optional state supplement for Supplemental Security Income recipients, which seniors may use toward their assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wyoming
Wyoming and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wyoming, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wyoming
Wyoming-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wyoming, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wyoming
Review of American House Wyoming
We like the American House Wyoming. We've heard pretty good things about the staff. My mom-in-law's room is very nice. It is a studio apartment, but it has a full kitchen and a bathroom. Everything... Read more
Review of Rivertown Ridge
Rivertown Ridge was beautiful, but it wasn't for my aunt. It was too big. We saw several rooms. She was with us and she was just confused. Walking out the door, she said, "Do we go left, do we go r... Read more
Review of Vista Springs Wyoming
What a great place overall! I am always so impressed with the way the caregivers interact with the people in their care. They are so attentive and gracious with their time and energy. It has been a... Read more