48 Assisted Living Facilities near Grandville, MI
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grandville area, with 4 in Grandville and 44 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Grandville is $4,275 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Jenison with an average starting cost of $3,476.
To help you with your search, browse the 163 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grandville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grandville 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hudsonville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grandville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Grandville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grandville
Grandville, located along the shores of the Grand River in Michigan, offers plenty for the city’s 2,247 seniors to do, including strolling through area parks and trails, playing mini-golf at Loeschner’s Village Green and enjoying a day out in one of the largest shopping districts in the area. Seniors who need assistance with personal care can get support from one of the three assisted living facilities located within the city limits or in one of the 37 additional facilities located in nearby communities.
In Grandville and throughout Michigan, assisted living facilities are known as homes for the aged and adult foster care, both of which are licensed and governed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grandville
- Grandville’s cost of living is 101.8, higher than both the state average of 96.7 and the U.S. average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare in the city, transportation is higher than the national average at 116.9, an important consideration for seniors who rely on public transportation to get to appointments.
- The violent crime rating in Grandville is 11, half the national average of 22.7. The city’s property crime rating is 58.2, more than 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may want to ensure facilities have security features in place like cameras and alarm systems.
- The Grandville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Wyoming.
- Michigan seniors do not pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, which could leave more money in the assisted living budget for Grandville seniors.
- Seniors with chronic respiratory conditions may find they breathe easier in Grandville than in other areas of the country. The city has an air quality rating of 65 out of 100 (best), higher than the national average of 58.
- Year-round temperatures in Grandville range between 19 and 83 degrees, which might be a consideration for seniors who dislike hot, muggy summers. The city’s annual rainfall is on par with the U.S. average of 38 inches. The annual snowfall, however, at 69 inches, is 41 inches more than the national average of 28 inches, which could create difficulties for seniors who rely on canes, walkers or wheelchairs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grandville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Grandville start around $4,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grandville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grandville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grandville
Grandville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grandville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grandville
Grandville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Grandville, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grandville
Review of Grand Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
I went to Grand Village Assisted Living. It is laid out exactly the same as where my mom is now, but a couple of years older. The facility was really nice. The guy that did the tour was really nice... Read more
Review of Georgetown Manor - East
We're very happy with Georgetown Manor East. There are 80 people in the place and it's separated in four areas. My mother-in-law is in the Alzheimer's place with only 20 people. They're very cari... Read more
Review of Georgetown Manor - East
We were very pleased with Georgetown and Cambridge Manor. They had all the amenities my mother would need, and the room sizes and services offered are similar to her current community, except that ... Read more