31 Assisted Living Facilities near Byron Center, MI
Also serving communities of Wayland.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Byron Center area, with 6 in Byron Center and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Byron Center is $3,650 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Jenison with an average starting cost of $3,476.
To help you with your search, browse the 102 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Byron Center. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Byron Center 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grandville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Byron Center, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Byron Center, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Byron Center
Located on the southern outskirts of the Grand Rapids metro area, Byron Center is a census-designated place (CDP) that is home to nearly 6,000 residents, 14 percent of whom are 65 or older. Residents in that age bracket who wish to move into an assisted living facility may choose among four communities in Byron Center, as well as 19 additional options in the surrounding area.
In Byron Center, as in all of Michigan, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Byron Center
- Byron Center residents get to experience the change of the seasons, but the most prominent of those seasons is typically winter. The first snowfall usually occurs in mid-October, and it is not uncommon to see accumulation as late as May. Summers are pleasant and mild with highs in the low 80s. Seniors who enjoy variety in weather and do not mind getting a little chilly will likely enjoy Byron Center.
- Kent County, where Byron Center is located, has an average cost of living. One significant benefit to many retirees is that health care, often a major expense for seniors, is 16 percent less expensive in Kent County than in a typical U.S. city. Other staple purchases, such as groceries, also cost less than average in the area.
- The air quality in the Byron Center area is rated at 65 out of 100, which is moderately higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with asthma and other breathing difficulties may find Byron Center easier on their lungs than many destinations.
- Because Michigan does not impose state income taxes on Social Security benefits, seniors in Byron Center have more money left over to put toward quality health care. Retirees in Michigan also receive substantial deductions to apply toward state taxes on private retirement income.
- Byron Center is far enough on the outskirts of the Grand Rapids metro area that public transportation options are limited. There are a few private companies in the area that provide fee-based transportation services in the Grand Rapids area and across the state.
- Byron Center has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Grand Rapids.
Paying for Assisted Living in Byron Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Byron Center start around $3,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Byron Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Byron Center
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Byron Center
Byron Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Byron Center, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Byron Center
Byron Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Byron Center
Review of The Oaks at Byron Center
The Oaks at Byron Center was brand new, so it was nice. The staff who showed me around was nice. It was a medium-sized facility, and it had the usual amenities. The best thing about it was the loca... Read more
Review of The Oaks at Byron Center
I'm at The Oaks at Byron Center and then I'm just gonna stay here until my operation. It's fine. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very roomy, they're not small. With the food, some things ... Read more
Review of Byron Center Manor
I went to Byron Center Manor. It was very clean and neat, and very comfortable looking. The patrons seemed to be very friendly. I saw a one-bedroom, studio type thing. The staff was very nice. I ju... Read more