Freedom Village Holland

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

145 Columbia Ave., Holland, MI 49423
Freedom Village Holland (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Freedom Village Holland

Assisted Living Reviews for Freedom Village Holland

August 13, 2014

By Caring92081550

Freedom Village Holland was just as nice. It was just not all on one floor. Part of it was like six floors. It was a big building. My father actually stayed there for short-term rehab and the staff was excellent. He had a shared room and I would say it was comfortable. My father didn't like the food, but it was excellent. It did not have a homey feel. I know their rehab services are excellent.

November 27, 2013

My mother had been in Freedom Inn for a short-term stay after surgery. She was there in their rehab facility. She stayed there for whatever Medicare can allow and I believe it was 20 days. It was an excellent facility. They're very well staffed. I also thought their care was outstanding. At the time, she did share a room with another patient. It was an outstanding facility, but it was also expensive. Also for long-term, they told me they don't accept Medicaid waiver. It was all private pay.

October 28, 2013

We liked Freedom Village. We stayed there a couple of nights and enjoyed all the facilities. They had a gym, a pool, a library, a workshop and a game room. They had laundry service. We ate there and the food was very good. When you're already there, you could go to assisted living or skilled nursing.

August 01, 2013

By Nancy65786850

It's very nice at Freedom Village at Holland. I'd eaten dinner there and it's a fine place. My friends are very happy there and I don't know anyone there who isn't.

March 13, 2013

By Austacia

I appreciate the great facility The Inn at Freedom Village offers. However, there are not enough staff to respond to the needs of patients who need immediate assistance to go to the bathroom, for them to receive their pain medication on time, etc. And when you check out of the facility, any medications you might have had with you when you came in can't be found when you check out. That to me is a great concern. Can you imagine being told they don't know where your medication is? And then there is the coercion that takes place to stay longer than what might be necessary. I realize this is a fine line, but ultimately they make more money when you stay. Lastly, we found that a paitent was moved to another room without notification to the family. So not only were items lost in the move that didn't get taken with, but family couldn't find the patient when they went to visit. I think administration has a long way to come to make me feel comfortable letting them care for my family 24 hours a day.

October 23, 2012

By bm2tram6

Freedom Village although pricey was very top notch. First of all the safety of the residence with Fire Protection cannot be surpassed. The measure that the facility took with fire proof walls, sprinkler systems, and fire drills with the staff and residents was above expectations. Dining in this facility included food prepared by a 5 star culinary Chef, not a grill cook. There were several different dining rooms for various foods and atmosphere. Menu included high end foods like lobster and lamb, to fast food like tacos and burgers. All staff members including maintenance maintained a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. I was made to feel like part of the family there within the first several minutes of walking on the grounds. They even had a full scale fitness center, an olympic size swimming pool, and a movie theater. The activities department had something to do everyday from local shopping trips, local parades, bowling, birdwatching, and simple gardening. The nursing staff in complete control and very knowledgeable. When asked a question that they could not answer they immediately sought out someone who could answer your question. I did not notice one resident or family member that appeared to be unhappy or unsatisfied at Freedom Village Holland.

September 27, 2012

By Smile1990

Freedom Village staff was also accomodating both to me and to their residents. The staff knew each resident well and cared about his or her welfare. In addition, they were excited about helping me create a program that would encourage a relationship between the residents and college students because it would benefit the residents. The facility itself was appealing and clean and the food was prepared well.

September 26, 2012

By TomWS

I visited Freedom Village over 25 times with my Mother-in-law and over 15 times with my Mother. The staff was always friendly and took great care of my Mother-in-law and Mother. All the rooms are nice and clean and do not have the hospital feel which was very important. Freedom Village has a nice room for physical therapy and provides one on one care as they worked on My Mothers bad knee. I was allowed to bring in my well trained Golden Retriever dog for many visits as this made the serious nature of the care lesson a little which was important to everyone. My Mother told me many times that the food was very good and I was allowed to try some and i agreed. The atmosphere for eating was more like a restaurant which made my Mother very happy. The parking was great as I could park less than 100 feet from the entrance almost every time I visited. The elevator was a little slow but I soon got use to it. They had some fun events like field trips and weekly Bingo games which helped my Mother-in-law pass the time a little better. Although they had thin LCD TV's in the lobbies I wish they had them in the rooms as well. They even have some live exotic birds in a beautiful bird cage as you walk through the lobby.

August 20, 2012

By Lena3

Freedom Village Holland was a facility that I found to have much experience and professionalism in its area for assisted living. The staff were extremely kind and caring. The amenities, as well, were great and fit well for the relative of mine that was admitted last year. I would definitely recommend this Assisted Living Facility to others in need.

February 29, 2012

By JVB1

A large variety of programs kept residents entertained, from music to card games or bingo to art and crafts. Even an activity as simple as sitting and looking out the large picture windows overlooking the river was being enjoyed by many. The staff were incredibly friendly and knew everyone by name. They worked hard to ensure a fun and positive atmosphere. The building was not the newest, but was well maintained. The layout of the whole facility was fairly simple as well, a plus for residents who may have memory and/or mobility issues. Each individual's room was shared, like most in facilities like this, but the staff were good about keeping private things private even in such a tiny space. The food was a little lacking by some resident accounts, but this may just be attributed to personal preferences. The menu looked fairly varied to me. Overall a nice looking place in a nice town with nice staff. 4 out of 5.

June 22, 2011

By AbasIviobile

Freedom Village at Holland is a beautiful facility. My great grandmother became a resident here 4 years ago and she wouldn't want to live anywhere else but here. Freedom Village at Holland has skilled nurses that I can trust. They have an inside swimming pool and a grand lobby. The place is beautiful. In fact, I've already made arrangements for myself to live here when I retire. Freedom Village at Holland has a lot great programs, you should look into each and every single one of them. My great grandmother hasn't complained once ever since she became a resident. Expect great service from these guys, this place is worth it.

June 13, 2011

By TriKitty

Friend or relative of resident

My Father in Law has been a resident at Freedom Village in Holland, Mi. for a few years now. The first time we pulled up in front for a visit I thought to myself "This place is simply beautiful, there is no way they are going to take good care of him in such a large and lavish place." Boy was I wrong. Upon entering, just to visit my husband and I were greeted soo warmly, warmer in fact than most hotels I have stayed at in my day. When we got in the room to visit with my father in law he seemed much happier than I had seem him the past few years. The more he talked to us, the more I could see why he was so happy. He made many friends at the Freedom Village not only with other residents but with the staff as well; in fact while we were visiting 3 staff members just popped in for nothing other than to say hello to my father in law and see how he was feeling that day. He told us how wonderful the food is too! He went on and on about he planned on not eating the "hospital food" as he called it, but he raved about it for plenty of time and in fact said he would rather eat there then go out to a restuarant! The doctors and staff are wonderful he said, and my Mother in law agreed with him when she arrived as she stays up there with him for hours daily! Freedom Village really is a great and caring place and is wonderful in my book! What a blessing they are to my father in law and our entire family!

Independent Living Reviews for Freedom Village Holland

• Pool

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Freedom Village Holland

Freedom Village Holland provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our management team is now working with the Life Care Services®, a nationwide leader in senior living.

Our beautiful community is located just minutes from downtown Tampa and offers a wide variety of residential options, exceptional services, and a full calendar of engaging activities. As a life care community, we make aging in place simple. You can seamlessly transition from independent living to assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care as your health needs change.

We offer a wide array of wellness offerings, including a fitness center, daily fitness programs, scheduled transportation, and healthy, chef-prepared foods. As part of our wellness offerings, we also offer short-term rehabilitation services in a warm and comfortable residential setting.

Everything under one roof with an active lifestyle for older adults, and full activities calendar for social enjoyment. All inclusive monthly fee gives to care free, active living with peace of mind for future needs. Chef Prepared fine dining-Housekeeping and Linen service weekly-Valet parking-Transportation- All utilities- Fitness classes/program-All utilities

Map of Freedom Village Holland