American House Holland

Reviews of American House Holland

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Holland

May 26, 2017

By bonnie662781

American House Holland was beautiful and gorgeous. The rooms were beautiful and seemed to be bigger, and the staff was very nice. The activities looked like they were pretty comprehensive, and they did a good job with it.

August 23, 2016

By Michelle T.

We had a good visit at American House Holland. The ladies were very nice. I appreciated that they got right down to it and didn’t waste my time or their time too much. I got a great tour, my questions were answered, and they sent me home with some good paperwork, too. They also introduced me to a person who lived there; it was very nice chatting with her. They had a couple of different kinds of rooms in the assisted living, including a studio with a bedroom, living room, and a little kitchenette. For the independent living, it was a separate bedroom, a nice kitchen, L-shaped kitchen, living room, a walk-up patio, closet, and a nice bathroom. In the independent-living, there weren't any showers, so they had to go someplace else to shower.

May 17, 2016

By caring 101JNRNG

I liked American House, and my husband placed my name on the waiting list. I was impressed with the setting since it was right in the middle of nature and turkeys wandered the grounds. I was pleased with the staff I met. They seemed to know what they were doing, were friendly, and forthcoming with the questions that I had. I was there during lunch. It was not like dining at the Ritz, but it was pretty reasonably good. I saw a one-bedroom apartment that was small but adequate. They all had balconies, washers and dryers which was real helpful, little kitchenettes, living room, and the bedroom. It was set up quite nicely. The place was well run, and the staff appreciates where they are, which translates to the residents feeling the same way.

March 26, 2016

By Jenny19

American House was clean and nicely decorated, but the cost was a little higher than what my parents could afford. The location was good. The grounds were under a foot of snow, but I think they’re fine. I noticed some water damage and cracks on the wall in one the rooms. That was the only thing I noticed that was a miss for the facility.

January 31, 2016

By Deb K

American House Holland was a little older, and you could tell it was more-used. It was one-level, which was kind of nice. The places were smaller like the entry, and dining area. It was also a month-to-month lease which was nice. They were very good. You could tell it was an older place that was repainted, redecorated, and wasn’t dated. They showed us a new place. When we went in to the unit it was empty, they had some tools, and they were repairing everything before they re-lease it. They took care of all that. The buildings were layed out seemed more like a community.

January 13, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer39

We visited American House Holland. It was very positive and very upbeat. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean and of adequate size.

December 28, 2015

By C.K.1

We really liked American House. That was actually my and my husband's first choice, but the another place opened a 1/2 mile from my mother-in-law's house. We got the information from caring.com and called them. We were really impressed because they sent somebody out right away to evaluate my father-in-law's condition, then took us on a very informative tour through the eating facilities and all of that. We were very happy with them. I liked the rooms. Some of them had a bed right in the room and some of them had a separate bedroom. My father-in-law would have been in the highest level of care. So they probably would be feeding him in his room. The people were very friendly in the hallways, even a lot of the residents seemed to be quite friendly. We thought it would be a good place, but my mother-in-law wanted a place closer to home.

August 16, 2014

By Caring92081550

Oak Crest of Holland was excellent. The one-bedroom apartments were clean and nice. I was informed of their activities and was satisfied with them. The dining room was clean. The residents appeared to be well cared for and happy. The facility was all on one floor.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Holland

Costs for American House Holland

Photos of American House Holland

Services and Amenities of American House Holland

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10

• Licenses: Adult Foster Care
  • State Licenses: AL700365139

About American House Holland

Offering spacious apartments and affordable rates, American House Holland is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Holland/Zeeland. The community is also close to hospitals, including Spectrum Zeeland Hospital and Holland Hospital. American House Holland provides independent living apartments with care services available.

Features and Amenities include
  • Studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments
  • Beauty shop with licensed beauticians
  • Media room
  • Library
  • Exercise room
  • Washer and dryer
  • Emergency pull cord for assistance
  • Variety of cultural, social and recreational programming
  • 24-hour on-site staff
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Laundry and housekeeping services available

Map of American House Holland