American House Jenison

Reviews of American House Jenison

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Jenison

September 18, 2021

By Vonnie

My mom stayed in American House Jenison. It was a wonderful experience. They listened to my requests, and my mother was placed in a unit that the majority of the people were still in their right minds. My mom was ninety-five, but she was mentally very sharp; so, I wanted to make sure she was in a unit where she could mentally engage, and they did do that. Everything was good; we couldn't have been happier with the experience. It was short, but what we experienced was good. We didn't get to know the staff very well, but my mother spoke very highly of the ones that she had interacted with. They were helpful and were kind to her. My mother said the food was very good, and she enjoyed the ice cream cart that came around every night about 7:30 every day. It could have used a little updating in some areas, but it was clean, and it was very convenient for everything. They had activities within the building; because of COVID, they haven't started much of the outside, like little outings with the bus and stuff like that. They were comparably priced to other places. My mother had long-term care insurance, because of that, she was able to have a larger room. We did end up having to pay for it because she has been there long enough to collect on it. But, because she had long-term care insurance, she got a bigger room than the average room, which was nice. Compared to the other places in town, they were comparable in rates. They have a beauty salon and a little library. The grounds outside were beautiful. They had a lot of ponds and gazebos outside where the people could walk to and sit.

Vonnie, your kind compliments mean the world to our team at American House! It is our pleasure to serve our residents and their families each and every day. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

September 12, 2021

By Donna

I did a tour of American House Jenison. I liked all the room choices; they were all nice. I probably would not select the studio just because it doesn't have a shower in the room. There was nothing I didn't like. The staff was friendly, and the woman that took me around (I believe her name was Natalie) was very informed and answered my questions thoroughly. I love the place. They have a beauty salon and a library. I really liked that in their community room was a fireplace. I just love that. I saw the activity schedule. It kind of looks like a menu, and they have things going on there. Outside they have a pavilion. I asked if the residents ever go out there, she said they do. Tthey can use it if the family comes to visit. It's very, very attractive outside. It's very homey because it's set up with different buildings (with a limited number of people). I like the longevity of the staff. I don't remember her title, but she was in charge of her building; she's been there 20 years. I like that.

February 15, 2021

By Linda

My mother moved to American House Jenison a couple of weeks ago. The care is very good, and I have no complaints. The staff is also very good. Cathy is her charge nurse, and she keeps me updated a couple times a week. Her room is very large and very nice. The food is OK. She just feeds on puree, so nothing tastes good. In terms of value for the money, it's quite high, but it's the best we could do at the time. They try to keep her busy. I'm very satisfied with the care so far.

Linda, thank you for the 5-star review of our community! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

March 19, 2018

By KB

We visited American House Jenison, which is a smaller community. The staff members were very helpful, and they recommended we try another community, which is where my mom ended up going. The woman that interviewed us was superb. It's just that the rooms were smaller than what we had hoped. It was a very positive community all around.

July 17, 2017

By Danielle

American House is an older facility, the staff is okay, but seemed preoccupied. The food was okay. They go to Myers every other week.

May 20, 2017

By sue100688

The tour at American House was very nice. The people were very nice. The rooms were adequate, but they only had pull cords in the bathroom and bedroom. If you fall away from a cord, it doesn't do you any good. The cost was comparable to other places.

January 09, 2017

By Ernest400600

We moved into American House. It is not perfect, but people are in our age range, and we get fed every day at noon. We have enough room. We do morning walks, have crafts, and play cards. Dinner is social time, too, and they serve the meals in the middle of the day. They have a beauty shop and a shuttle bus. The staff is outstanding.

December 03, 2016

By Thomas250052

American House was a large building with very nice, new rooms and a big gathering place. The people that worked there were very friendly and helpful. They had programs for helping people adjust to living there. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. However, they have a waiting list.

November 01, 2016

By Beth842384

We liked American House well enough. It felt decent, it was clean, and the staff was nice. They had a few residents that my parents were able to speak to, and they seemed really nice. It’s just not what we need right now. I think it was a decent home, and a place I would be comfortable.

March 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter122266550

My parents put their name in at American House Jenison. The whole facility was very beautiful, especially the dining room, and all of their amenities were in a location that’s extremely convenient, not only for my husband’s parents but for family members to visit. It’s in a really good, central location. The staff was great. The person in admissions, who gave us the tour, was obviously very proud of the facility and did a really good job of letting the facility speak for itself. She wasn’t high-pressure or anything like that, but she was thorough in showing us what they had to offer. They have a billiards room, a library, a movie theater, a game room, and all kinds of walking trails outside. They exceeded our expectations.

July 28, 2015

By Mary Lynne

The staff at American House is phenomenal. Everything has been great; I have no complaints. I’ve got a one bedroom apartment, it’s got a bay window, it’s very bright, and it’s so nice having the room to move around in. They have crafts, card games, some stretching exercise, and a weekly or biweekly trip. The food is excellent, and there are no problems there. We have two full time people during the day and one during the night; the security is fine.

Dear Mary Lynne, We’re so glad to hear you’re happy with American House Jenison. You can’t be more right when you say our staff is phenomenal. We agree! We are lucky to have so many outstanding people who are also fun to be around. Thanks also for your comments about your roomy apartment, our engaging activities and how well you enjoy the food. It’s always nice to hear from our resident’s on how much they enjoy our community. Warmest regards, Darren Tigelaar, Executive Director | 616-457-9815

April 07, 2015

By Bonnie104042650

I liked American House Jenison right away. It's all on one floor. It's not elaborate, but it's clean and nice. The people are nice. Where my mom is, there are little houses. There are 20 to a house, and it's bright and cheery. The people are nice. They keep them occupied, and I don't have any complaints. The floor plan is nice. You walk in, and to your right is the kitchen/dining room, and down the one hall is where they get their hair done. They also have a whirlpool bath. The rooms go off in different directions, and they are nicely sized. I really can't say anything bad about it. The food is good. They have dominos every night and bingo. They go on bus rides on Monday and Friday, Thursday is hair day, and they get their nails done. They have a musical therapist that comes in.

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback about American House Jenison! It's wonderful to hear that your mother is enjoying the many amenities and services that American House has to offer. If I can ever be of any assistance, please reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Darren Tigelaar (616) 457-9815

Independent Living Reviews for American House Jenison

July 04, 2019

By Vince

We've registered for a two-bedroom, one-and-a-half-bath villa which is detached from the main lodge. It has a laundry facility within the unit which we really liked, all utilities are paid, and there's extra storage space. We're going into independent living. The staff seemed very friendly and competent. We experienced a luncheon and the food service seems to be good.

January 31, 2016

By Deb K

I like everything about American House. It’s fairly new, beautifully decorated, and very well-kept. I really like the option; it was month to month, you did not have to buy-in, and there wasn’t a lease contract. The lady gave us the tour, and we were in the dining hall a little bit. It was nice. We didn’t meet any residents or anything, but it seemed nice. If you could get a main floor unit it was really because you had an exterior door. That was really a nice option. The unit that they happen to show us was up at on the third floor at the end of the hall so that was probably our biggest concern with my mom, because the dining hall was on the main floor. They showed us the pool room. There was something different every day. We have been on the waiting list for one year, and they told us it would be another year or more.

December 21, 2015

By Erich

My dad and mom have been at American House Jenison since last August. Their independent living buildings are brand new. They work very well with trying to get your loved ones into the place. The community is along a busy street, but it's very quiet.

October 27, 2015

By Irene27

I thought the people were rather snooty. American House didn’t seem as nice. The rooms seemed spacious enough and everything, but the atmosphere wasn’t as nice. They had different buildings, and there was a large choice of where to stay.

Memory Care Reviews for American House Jenison

Costs for American House Jenison

Photos of American House Jenison

Services and Amenities of American House Jenison

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental
  • Independent Living Starting At: $1920/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Licenses: Adult Foster Care - for Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: AL700397749 AH Jenison Beechwood

About American House Jenison

American House Jenison offers spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom senior apartments in a serene and comfortable setting. American House Jenison offers amenities and services that allow you to experience happiness, fulfillment and comfort every day.

Whether you crave socialization with your neighbors, or prefer to curl up with a good book in your private apartment, American House Jenison provides all the comforts of home.

Our residents enjoy a variety of amenities and service, including:

• Maintenance-Free Apartments
  • Beauty Salon and Barber Shops
  • Scheduled Transportations
  • Housekeeping Servicess
  • Much More

American House Jenison is proud that their Executive Director has been dedicated to serving seniors for over 27 years as has their executive Chef, who was also awarded American House's Chef of the year. Our on-site full time Chaplin provides great comfort and support to all of our residents.

Map of American House Jenison