39 Assisted Living Facilities near Jenison, MI
Also serving communities of Coopersville.
There are 39 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jenison area, with 2 in Jenison and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jenison is $3,325 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 128 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jenison. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jenison 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grandville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jenison, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Jenison, MI
37 Assisted Living Facilities near Jenison, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jenison
Jenison, located in west-central Michigan, offers plenty of outdoor opportunities for the senior population, about 18% of the total population, from taking a cruise on the Grand Lady Riverboat to relaxing in one of the city’s parks. There’s even a dog park for those seniors who enjoy taking strolls with their furry little friends. To support the city’s growing number of seniors, Jenison has two assisted living facilities located within city limits and another 36 located in nearby cities such as Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Grandville.
Assisted living facilities in Jenison, and all of Michigan, are known as homes for the aged and adult foster care and are overseen by The Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jenison
Social Security benefits are not taxed in Michigan, which might make the area more appealing to Jenison seniors with low-income.
- Jenison has low crime rates, so safety-conscious seniors may feel more comfortable in the city. Jenison has a violent crime rate of 15.1 and a property crime rate of 24.2, both considerably lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The overall cost of living in Jenison is 99.6, slightly lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare, groceries and housing in this city. Transportation, however, is higher than the national average at 113.6, which could be a concern for seniors who no longer drive.
- The Jenison area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Grand Rapids.
- Seniors experiencing breathing difficulties may find that the air in Jenison does not have a negative impact on their symptoms. The city has an air quality rating of 67, nine points higher than the national average of 58, on a scale where higher numbers mean better air quality.
- Residents of Jenison experience warm summers where highs reach 83 degrees, and cooler winters where temperatures rarely drop below 19, which may make the area more appealing to seniors who don’t like extreme heat in the summer. The area gets 37 inches of rain each year, one less than the national average of 38 inches and 69 inches of annual snowfall, 41 inches more than the national average of 28 inches. Seniors with mobility issues may have trouble maneuvering during the winter months.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jenison
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Jenison start around $3,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jenison and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jenison
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jenison
Jenison and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jenison, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jenison
Jenison-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jenison, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jenison
Review of American House Jenison
We visited American House Jenison, which is a smaller community. The staff members were very helpful, and they recommended we try another community, which is where my mom ended up going. The woman ... Read more
Review of American House Jenison
American House is an older facility, the staff is okay, but seemed preoccupied. The food was okay. They go to Myers every other week. Read more
Review of Sunset Manor
My parents liked Sunset Manor because of the way things are structured, and how things are done there. If they get to a point where their money runs out, they're not booted out the door. The staff ... Read more