StoryPoint Rockford

Reviews of StoryPoint Rockford

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Rockford

September 30, 2020

By dsheasley

Staff is very friendly and resident focused, meaning they take the time to learn each resident's likes & dislikes and conduct themselves accordingly while abiding by overall guidelines for care. Staff is willing and prepared to provide feedback to family members seeking insight into how things are going...if you desire feedback they will gladly provide and are very willing to offer suggestions to improve things if necessary. Staff is very proactive and will work with family members as required to help assure the residents have the best experience possible during their stay. The resident rooms are adequate or as expected for an assisted living facility; not posh but not overly lacking either. The common area spaces are quite nice and well maintained. Once it is understood that residents are encouraged to spend the majority of their time in the common area spaces interacting with other residents the focus on individual room ammenities becomes a lesser priority. Overall the staff at every level genuinely cares for the health and well being of each of the residents which provides a high level of comfort for the family members. The food is awesome, the brunches are to die for!

January 01, 2020

By Tim

StoryPoint Rockford was beautiful, new, and large, but it was rather remote because it was out in the middle of nowhere. Rockford is not a real thriving bustling community. Everything was new and it's a very comfortable place, but it was out of our price range. The staff was very congenial. There was a chef conducting a sampling that they were preparing for that day. The public can come and partake in it along with some of the residents, and the food was good. Everything about it was impressive.

March 21, 2019

By Bonney

StoryPoint's staff is truly caring, compassionate, and willing to assist residents and their family visitors. It's a wonderful community for our mother. We have peace of mind that she is safe and well taken care of.

October 31, 2018

By L.R.

My grandmother is at StoryPoint Rockford. It's very clean, the staff is friendly, helpful, they've got a lot of accommodations, and a lot of different activities for seniors to do. The staff is very attentive, and they make sure they take care of anything she needs help with. They have regular apartments, assisted living, memory care, and enhanced living. They have a library, a hair salon, different places to eat, and common areas.

July 17, 2017

By Karen

My aunt is in StoryPoint. It's brand new last year, so it's very nice. The rooms are very nice, and everything is accessible. People are really friendly and encourage her to eat. They're very good with her. It's a very nice place with a lot of activities available.

July 17, 2017

By Loving Daughter

StoryPoint was brand new, and it was an excellent place. They had independent care to higher levels of care within the same place. The decors were absolutely incredible, and the entire place was beautiful. My husband and I said it was like a cruise ship on land, but it was not inexpensive. There was nothing to complain about it, but the 2-bedroom units had a very long waiting list. The other pluses about that place was it was right next door to a beautiful brand new Meijer, and there was a brand new health facility being built right next door. They were extremely proactive in supporting the residents to stay involved in the community. The day that we were there, the women's group decided to do a pub crawl through downtown Grand Rapids. These people may be old, but they were still young at heart, and it was a delight to hear that.

June 06, 2017

By evelyn468125

StoryPoint was very nice and better than the other place we visited. They were all very friendly; everybody introduced us to everybody including all the workmen that happened to be there. They have a circular area that has a small store, a bistro restaurant, and a pub. Their dining room was set up very nicely. They have a salon and everything; it is very nice there. We looked at a 1-bedroom, and it was very nice. It has a kitchenette and its own bathroom. They have a lot of activities, and they have a shuttle that takes you to whatever church that you want to go to, takes you to concerts, and whatever.

November 30, 2016

By Kathy835446

StoryPoint was a little expensive. We had dinner there, and it was lovely. It was definitely gourmet; you can order off a menu, it had good service, and it was excellent food. The rooms were lovely, they had nice angles to the room, it had high ceilings, and everything was new and fresh. There was no problem getting around in a wheelchair. The staff seemed very nice, and they had a beautiful memory care area

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Rockford

October 01, 2020

By Jane

I did an in-person tour of StoryPoint. It was beautiful, clean, friendly, and expensive. If it wasn't a lot of money, yes my mother would go there. When your money is gone, they say goodbye, and I don't like that. I rejected all of the placed that use up your money and then say goodbye. They didn't give me any food. When I got there the staff said it wasn't supposed to be an in-person, and it was supposed to be a virtual, but they got their communication screwed up. They didn't show me any apartments. It was strictly the front lobby and you can't go in any further because of COVID. I saw the floor plans and they looked very nice and more spacious than some. The staff member thought I needed enhanced living and not assisted living; the assisted living would cost me more. It’s a step up from independent living. I think it would be more like phone checks instead of in-person checks to make sure you’re taking pills; almost like phone reminders. So it wasn't a real one-on-one assisted living type situation. When you get to that point you would be charged even more. Everything that you require also incurs a cost, but most of them do that as well.

Hi Jane, Thank you for leaving a review! We do apologize you were not able to get the full impression due to the communication challenge and glad that you liked what you were able to see. We would love an opportunity to discuss enhanced living and all that it offers, including in-person assistance and our programs to help our residents who need support reallocating their assets. StoryPoint has very strict protocols during the pandemic to keep our residents and employees safe, and while we are not accepting walk-ins at this time and have specific procedures for scheduling tours, we would love to discuss the options with you. Please contact Kim Tripp directly. Thank you!

August 07, 2020

By Lindsey Marie

My grandfather moved into the independent living section a year ago after losing his wife of 58 years. The friendships he has made are very real and have brought a new energy to his life. Every single staff member truly cares and is so compassionate. The activities they provide are top notch and so creative especially throughout COVID. The apartments are spacious and he has a nice walk out patio where he can hang flowers and watch the birds. They always include family and answer your call. I cannot express what a wonderful move this was for my grandfather!

August 03, 2020

By Momanddad'shome

My parents, who are in their 90s, have resided (with their dog) in an independent living apartment at Storypoint in Rockford for a year and a half. The services provided have met their every need, from maintenance to urgent health care. The entire facility is lovely, and I truly can’t say enough about how nice, caring, and capable the staff is. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, while the facility is, by State of Michigan mandate, closed to visitors, the management has made extra efforts to keep the residents safe, entertained and engaged.

July 03, 2020

By my dad's home sweet home

The staff takes time.to get to know residents, and what is important to them. Caring ,fun,great activities. I am so blessed my dad made this his home sweet home. I can not say enough good about this place. So glad he landed at Story Point Rockford! They go above and beyond !!!! You can tell they love residents and love what they do!!!

January 15, 2020

By Dolores

StoryPoint Rockford is excellent. They're very clean and very punctual. We have exercise classes, entertainment, and get-togethers. Their meal service and food are excellent. They keep the facility very well kept.

September 12, 2019

By Moonette

My father was a resident for 3 years, having moved in on opening day of the Independent Living facility. His room was lovely and new with plenty of space for his things. The public spaces were/are gorgeous, beautifully decorated and maintained with lots of options for activities and hobbies. He enjoyed the library for putting together jigsaw puzzles, Happy Hour at the pub, dinner in the beautiful dining room with his new friends and bridge with the "guys." The staff was so personable and caring. His first Christmas at StoryPoint was difficult. He was lonely for my mom and the decorations he adorned his home with each year. The staff surprised him with his own live Christmas tree outside his windows, complete with his favorite colored lights. He was delighted and it was so kind and loving of the staff and residents who helped. He enjoyed outings with other residents on the StoryPoint bus. The director was amazing and showed the folks great times. When Dad had a serious fall, a trip to the ER and needed extra help, the staff arranged for constant nursing care for him going out of the way to make him comfortable. They cared for his little dog, another bonus for living there. He sadly passed away a few months ago but I am grateful that those three years were spent with good people in a safe, welcoming environment. StoryPoint was the answer to my prayers and the many friends he and I both made there made his life good.

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Rockford

Costs for StoryPoint Rockford

Photos of StoryPoint Rockford

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Rockford

• Dining Extra: Choose To Prepare Your Own Meal Or Share One With Friends. Our Senior Living Communities Feature Only The Freshest Meals. At Story Point Rockford, Our Executive Chef Creates Amazing Dining Experiences From Locally Sourced, Organic Ingredients, And Feedback Driven Experiences For Every Resident.

• Features Extra: Keep Your Apartment Looking Its Very Best By Utilizing Our Housekeeping Services. From Cleaning To Laundry Assistance, We Offer A Variety Of Housekeeping Services Allowing Residents To Eliminate Daunting Chores And Focus Their Time On The Activities They Enjoy.

• Activities Extra: You’re Part Of Our Family At Story Point Rockford. You’ll Find Activities Around Crafting Or Gardening, Just To Name A Few. Whether You Choose To Use Our Shuttle Service To Shop Or Attend Live Events Or Stay In The Comfort Of Your Personal Space, We’ll Work Together To Make Your Experience Customized To Your Liking.

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AH410359749

About StoryPoint Rockford

Welcome to StoryPoint Rockford! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our various senior living options include independent living, enhanced living, assisted living, and memory care. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Rockford is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Memory Care

Designed for those with dementia or other memory impairments, memory care provides services in a licensed environment by specially trained professionals.

Community Amenities

• Professionally Cooked Meals • Open-Concept Apartment Floor Plans • Full Wheelchair Accessibility • Walk-in Showers With Safety Grab Bars • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Shuttle Service • Apartments With Balconies And Private Patios • Activities And Fitness Programs • Apartment Maintenance • Biweekly Housekeeping • Weekly Flat Linen Laundry Assistance • Beauty Salon and Barbershop Styling Services • Walking Trails • Secured Wi-Fi • Pet Care • And More

Map of StoryPoint Rockford