6 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenville, MI
Also serving communities of Gowen, Hubbardston, Hubbardston.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greenville area, with 4 in Greenville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greenville is $1,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rockford with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Greenville, MI
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenville
Greenville is rural community located in Montcalm County, Michigan with numerous state parks, walking trails, a race track and a casino to entertain seniors — 16.9 percent of the population. The eight assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Greenville, Michigan, are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, which is a division of the Department of Human Services. ALFs are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents, aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenville
- Located in central Michigan, Greenville is known for its warm and often humid summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature is 30 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 83 degrees in July.
- Greenville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Montcalm Commission on Aging, an organization that provides meals on wheels, exercise programs and senior bus transportation, as well as a senior center.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is a growing problem in Greenville as it is in many other parts of southeast Michigan. The crime rate is 30 percent higher in Greenville than the Michigan average and 8 percent higher than the national average.
- The Greenville, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Spectrum Health United Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- It's easy to get around Greenville. Greenville Transit provides regular, scheduled public bus service (Monday through Saturday) throughout Greenville and between the city and other points in surrounding Eureka Township. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- Greenville is home to a number of events, cultural sites and museums. Chief among these is the annual Danish Festival, held each August. In addition, Greenville has an active arts scene, with the Flat River Community Players and the Flat River Historical Museum. Most Greenville attractions and cultural sites offer senior discounts, although the qualifying age may vary.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Greenville start around $1,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenville
Greenville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenville
Greenville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenville
Review of Golden Life AFC
Golden Life Adult Foster Care has been great. The staff is very helpful and very knowledgeable. I have no complaints. My husband's room is too small for two people, but he's alone now; it's not so ... Read more
Review of Green Acres of Greenville
I moved into Green Acres Greenville several months ago. It's a nice place, the help is wonderful and it all seems to be well and good. I think the staff is very good. I'd say I have a nice apartmen... Read more
Review of Greenville Adult Foster Care Home
I was looking for my sister and the residence seems to be very friendly, clean and equipped to handle the needs of the residents. Very homey setting. Read more