19 Assisted Living Facilities near Ortonville, MI
Also serving communities of Goodrich.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ortonville area, with 4 in Ortonville and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ortonville is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 64 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ortonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ortonville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Metamora with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ortonville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ortonville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ortonville
Founded in 1948 by Amos Orton, Ortonville is located in southeast Michigan along the Detroit River and is home to 1,442 people, including a small senior population of 102 city residents aged 65 and older. To help these seniors transition into assisted living, Ortonville has four assisted living facilities located within the city and an additional 15 facilities located in the surrounding areas, such as Holly, Oxford and Metamora. The communities are called homes for the aged and adult foster care, and they are governed by the Department of Human Services in Ortonville and all of Michigan.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ortonville
- Seniors looking to retire in a safe location may appreciate Ortonville’s low crime rates. Ortonville’s violent crime rate is 14.7, and its property crime rate is 31.8, both lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Seniors in Michigan are not taxed on Social Security income, although they are taxed on retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions, public and private. These tax laws may make it easier for Ortonville seniors to contribute toward their living expenses.
- Seniors with chronic breathing issues may prefer living in Ortonville than in other areas of the state or country. The village has an air quality rating of 75, almost 20 points higher than the U.S. average of 58.
- Ortonville’s cost of living is 118.9, considerably higher than the U.S. median of 100, driven primarily by the high housing and transportation costs in the area at 133 and 148.6, respectively. Although seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare here than they would anywhere in the country, the high housing costs might cause facility costs to increase. Seniors who no longer drive their own vehicles may also want to keep the higher cost of transportation in mind.
- Ortonville has no facilities in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Pontiac.
Temperatures in Ortonville range between 15 degrees in January and 82 in July. The area gets 38 inches of snow each year, 10 more than the national average of 28 inches, with six months receiving significant snowfall, which may make getting around this village difficult for seniors who use mobility aids.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ortonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Ortonville start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ortonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ortonville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ortonville
Ortonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ortonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ortonville
Ortonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ortonville
Review of Country Acre AFC Home
My wife stayed at Country Acre for a week. It was a real nice place with nice rooms. It was family-operated. The only thing I didn't like about them was the way the lady charged me. She only stayed... Read more