7 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Pleasant, MI
Also serving communities of Rosebush, Alma, Sumner, Ithaca.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Pleasant area, with 6 in Mount Pleasant and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Pleasant. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Pleasant 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Auburn with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Pleasant, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Pleasant, MI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Mount Pleasant, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
The senior population of Mount Pleasant is 8.4 percent, well below the national average of 15.6 percent in the United States. Despite the low senior population, the Mount Pleasant area still has eight assisted living facilities, with six in Mount Pleasant and two in nearby towns like Midland. The Michigan Department of Human Services regulates assisted living in that state, including homes for the aged and adult foster care. A home for the aged is generally for people over the age of 60, while an adult foster care home is for any adult who requires special care. These facilities provide help with the activities of daily living, including hygiene, eating, grooming, medication reminders and general care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant is located in Isabella County, which is in the middle of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Seniors will find winters particularly cold in this part of Michigan. It has an average low temperature of 14 degrees during January, with an average high of 28 degrees. The average low in July is 59 degrees, and the average high is 82 degrees.
- The cost of living is relatively low in Mount Pleasant, about 91 percent of the national average. Seniors should be able to afford living in Mount Pleasant as easily as most other cities. Groceries are about 96 percent of the national average, and all other expenses are very close to the national average.
- The overall crime rate in Mount Pleasant is relatively high, and is safer than only 28 percent of all cities in the United States. However, the annual rate of violent crime is 4.18 per thousand people in Mount Pleasant, which compares favorably to the annual rate of 4.59 per thousand for Michigan. Seniors will therefore find Mount Pleasant to be safer than most other cities in Michigan.
I-Ride is a public transportation service sponsored by the Isabella County Transportation Commission. The fare for senior and disabled citizens is half the standard fare.
- The Isabella County Commission on Aging maintains a full schedule of activities for senior citizens. These include classes in recreational activities such as music, exercise and dancing. Additional services include legal and medical assistance.
- The Mount Pleasant area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Central Michigan Community Hospital and Mid Michigan Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Mount Pleasant start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Pleasant and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Michigan provides personal care services through its Medicaid State Plan, including homes for the aged. It also provides an optional state supplement that limits room and board charges for recipients of supplemental security income who reside in a home for the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Pleasant, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mount Pleasant, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Review of Applewood Assisted Living
We had an amazing experience with our mother's stay at Applewood. The home is small and homey, which is what our mother loved. The staff was so caring and attentive. We were always notified quickly... Read more
Review of Crestwood Village Assisted Living
Home away from home. Great staff, excellent care, clean rooms. Read more
Review of Prestige Center
My brother was placed in Prestige Centre. He seems to be content there, and happy, so hopefully it'll work out well. There's a lounge area not far from his room. They play bingo and do exercises, t... Read more