29 Assisted Living Facilities near Montrose, MI
Also serving communities of Chesaning.
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Montrose area, with 3 in Montrose and 26 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 91 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Montrose. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montrose 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Flushing with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montrose, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Montrose, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montrose
Montrose is a quiet small town in the northwestern suburbs of the larger Flint area, where low-lying fields have replaced the pine forests that once covered the region. Almost 18% of Montrose's nearly 6,000 people are seniors aged 65 and over, and 14 assisted living facilities operate in this part of Genesee County to serve them.
The state of Michigan describes residential senior living communities as adult foster care facilities in all official documents. These sites are licensed, inspected and regulated through the Michigan Department of Human Services Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montrose
- The weather in Montrose is highly seasonal, with the mild summers and cold winters typical of the northern Midwest. Summer highs in Montrose rise to 82 degrees, and winter lows dip to just 15. Spring and summer bring over 31 inches of rain to the fields around Montrose, which usually raises pollen that can be an issue for many seniors with asthma. Late fall and winter see up to 48 inches of snow on the ground in Montrose.
- The cost of living in Montrose is low by national standards. Overall costs in the area are 12% below the national average across all categories, with some expenses lower still. Healthcare, for example, costs seniors in Montrose an average of 17% less than the average national rate, which can help those on a fixed budget.
- Crime rates in Montrose are very low. Combining all crime categories, the rate reported in Montrose is close to 20% of the national crime rate. Seniors in Montrose are even safer from violent crime, rates of which drop well below the already-low overall crime rate for the town.
- Public transportation in Montrose is provided by MTA Flint, which operates regular bus service throughout the region, including a Senior Shopper line which shuttles seniors into the downtown grocery and convenience store districts. Seniors ride scheduled routes on MTA at a discount, and all vehicles are ADA-compliant for riders with limited mobility.
- The Montrose area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension St. Mary's Hospital Health Center at Birch Run, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Montrose has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Genesee County Commission On Aging, an organization that provides classes and healthcare resources for local seniors, as well as more than half a dozen senior centers.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montrose
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Montrose start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montrose and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montrose
Seniors in Montrose who need help paying for the cost of assisted living may be eligible for the Michigan Choice Waiver Program, which helps cover the monthly cost of senior living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montrose
Montrose and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montrose, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montrose
Montrose-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montrose
Review of Haven Country AFC
They are both caring and considerate people. Helpful and kind to their residents. All of the people they care for like them, but I feel that sometimes the owners are a tad to stern with the residen... Read more
Review of Haven Country AFC
Haven Country AFC is a well maintained facility. The staff there is kind and caring, seems well trained to handle the duties they are assigned as well as take good care of the residents living ther... Read more