6 Assisted Living Facilities near Acton, MA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Acton area, with 2 in Acton and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Acton is $6,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Chelmsford with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Acton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Acton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Chelmsford with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Acton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Acton, MA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Acton, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Acton
Acton, located at the head of Boston Bay in Central Massachusetts, offers plenty of activities to keep the area’s 2,411 seniors busy. Seniors can spend their days visiting area museums, going for a stroll at the Acton Arboretum or Nathaniel Allen Recreation Area Park, taking in a show at Theater III, scoring a strike or a spare at Acton Bowladrome & Arcade or even enjoying a tasty treat at The Happy Chocolatier.
Seniors who need help with basic care can turn to one of the city’s two assisted living facilities, or one of the four additional cities located in nearby communities. The facilities are certified by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, throughout the entire state including Acton.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Acton
- Acton seniors may find that the tax policies in Massachusetts result in more money for them to put toward their monthly expenses. The state doesn't tax Social Security benefits or public pensions.
- Seniors with respiratory illnesses may breathe more easily in Acton. The city has an air quality rating of 72, which is 14 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Seniors can rest assured that Acton is a safe place to retire. The city has a violent crime rating of 11.2, which is half of the national average of 22.8. The city’s property crime rating is less than half of the national average at 15.1, compared to the U.S. average of 35.4.
- Acton’s cost of living is 168.7, significantly higher than both the state average of 139 and the U.S. median of 100, driven primarily by higher housing costs. Although seniors here can expect to pay less for healthcare and transportation than they would throughout the state or the country, they will pay slightly more for groceries. The high housing costs in the area could result in higher assisted living fees due to higher operating costs.
- The Acton area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Concord.
- Acton gets 10 more inches of rain and 34 more inches of snow each year than the respective national averages of 38 and 23 inches, which may make it difficult for seniors who rely on wheelchairs and walkers to navigate the city during certain times of the year.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Acton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Acton start around $6,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Acton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Acton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Acton
Acton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Acton, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Acton
Acton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Acton
Review of Life Care Center Of Acton
Staff here are very nice but the overwhelming smell of urine in the air is appalling. I don’t know how the staff deals with it all day, or perhaps they have become desensitized to it. PLEASE Lifeca... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Robbins Brook
I visited Benchmark Senior Living at Robbins Brook. It was large and somewhat impersonal, but it seemed pleasant and well decorated. Their dining area looked like a mid-range restaurant. Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Robbins Brook
My wife’s mother has been at Benchmark Senior Living at Robbins Brook for about six years. It’s very impressive. I can see that they have lots of things going on. We’ve gone to many of the function... Read more