9 Assisted Living Facilities Near Easton, MD
Easton is known as the 8th Best Small Town in America, due in part to its scenic waterways, gardens and golf courses. These features and others may appeal to the town’s 65-and-older population, which comprise 23.4% of Easton’s estimated 16,671 residents. Seniors in assisted living facilities may appreciate Easton’s relatively comfortable climate and walkable tree-lined streets. The town also has nearly twice as many physicians per capita as the United States, on average.
The average cost of assisted living in Easton is $4,920 per month, which is comparable with the Maryland state average of $5,000 and the national average of $4,300. Assisted living communities provide seniors with help with everyday activities, such as housekeeping and personal care. Many have amenities such as beauty salons and coffee shops on-site. These communities also offer planned activities designed to enrich mind and body, along with restaurant-style dining and supervised outings to local attractions.
This guide to assisted living in Easton provides information about assisted living costs. There’s also a list of advantages and disadvantages of retiring in Easton, assisted living regulatory information and free resources for Easton seniors.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Easton, MD
106 W. Earle Avenue, Easton, MD, 21601
29160 Krismor Court, Trappe, MD, 21673
113 Perrys Corner Rd, Grasonville, MD, 21638
112 Collier Road, Grasonville, MD, 21638
525 Glenburn Ave, Cambridge, MD, 21613
See Pricing for
is a Caring Star Community
Earning a Caring Star means this community is among the best Senior Living commuities in America.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Easton
The Maryland Department of Health Assisted Living Unit licenses assisted living facilities in Easton and the rest of Maryland. All facilities must meet the requirements set forth by this department, which may include capacity, staffing and safety standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Easton
- Easton has an average of 413 physicians for every 100,000 residents, while the national average in 2017 was 260 physicians per 100,000 residents. The town has multiple medical facilities, including the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton.
- Seniors in Easton who prefer public transportation can ride for half-price through Delmarva Community Transit. This service covers Talbot County, along with the rest of the Eastern Shore. Easton assisted living facilities also have transportation services for residents.
- Easton’s air quality rating is better than the state and national ratings. In addition, the town’s air quality health risk is lower than it is for Maryland and the United States as a whole, which may be an advantage for seniors with respiratory sensitivities.
- Maryland is a moderately tax-friendly state, which may appeal to Easton seniors in assisted living on a limited income. Although there’s an inheritance and estate tax, there’s no 401(k) or Social Security tax in Maryland.
- The violent and property crime rates in Easton are average, compared to the overall United States. Easton’s property crime rate is 39.0, which is only slightly higher than the U.S. average of 35.4. The violent crime rate is a low of 22.9, which is on par with the U.S. violent crime rate of 22.7.
- Easton has a moderate climate, which allows for plenty of outdoor enjoyment. There are 216 sunny days per year in Easton, compared to the U.S. average of 205. Easton’s estimated 107 days of precipitation may be an advantage for seniors in assisted living who enjoy gardening.
Paying for Assisted Living in Easton
The average monthly cost for assisted living in Easton is $4,920. This is slightly lower than the Maryland average of $5,000 per month and only a bit higher than the United States average of $4,300.
The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities
The cost of assisted living in cities near Easton varies slightly. Easton’s average monthly assisted living cost is $4,920, which is less than Baltimore’s cost of $5,000. Salisbury is higher at $5,500, while Cumberland’s estimated assisted living monthly cost is $4,665. Hagerstown has an estimated monthly assisted living cost of $4,500.
The United States
The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care
Assisted living is one option for Easton seniors. Another is adult day health care, which costs around $1,408 per month. Homemaker services and home health aides are estimated at $4,767 per month. Seniors who need substantial care may consider a nursing home facility — semiprivate rooms cost approximately $12,882 per month, while private rooms are higher at $15,163.
Home Health Aide
Adult Day Health Care
Assisted Living Facility
Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)
Nursing Home Facility (private room)
Note: Care cost data for Easton was not available, so data for the closest city, Dover, Delaware, was used instead.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Easton
The state of Maryland pays for assisted living services in Level II and Level III ALPs through the Medicaid 1915(c)Home and Community-Based Options Waiver Program. There is also a Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy Program funded by the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Easton
Easton has several government and community agencies ready to serve seniors who are transitioning to assisted living. Below are some of the local organizations.
|Upper Shore Aging||(410) 778-6000||Upper Shore Aging is Talbot County’s designated Area Agency on Aging. This agency provides a network of services designed to promote a positive quality of life for area seniors. Easton seniors in assisted living communities can access legal assistance and connect with the Long-Term Care Ombudsman through this agency. There are also volunteer opportunities for seniors who want to help other seniors.|
|Brookletts Place Talbot Senior Center||(410) 822-2869||Brookletts Place is a senior center operated by Upper Shore Aging. Seniors in assisted living can visit this center for socialization and to participate in a wide range of activities. There are art and fitness classes and multiple special-interest clubs and events. Seniors can also sign up to volunteer at this center.|
|Veterans Service and Benefits Program, Upper Shore Office||(410) 690-7181||Through this office, senior veterans in Easton can receive help with accessing benefits. It’s part of the Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs, which provides veterans of all ages with counseling services, employment services and other types of assistance.|
|Easton AARP||(866) 542-8163||The Easton AARP branch offers a plethora of resources and services for area seniors. There are driver safety courses, informative seminars, and tax preparation services. Seniors can also find volunteer opportunities through this organization.|
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Easton
Easton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.