2 Assisted Living Facilities in Denton, MD
The average cost of assisted living in Denton is $4,100 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Denton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Denton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Easton with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Denton, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Denton
Review of Arcadia of Denton
The Hands on staff Great —-Administration , staff ,Rn, on staff doctor couldnt tell same story twice had no clue about Medications and adminestering meds ,two weeks three different times to get pai... Read more
Review of Homestead Manor Assisted Living
There is no offensive smell anywhere. Everything is clean and dusted. It is clear to me there is great attention to all details of this home environment. Compassion shines through each of the ... Read more
Review of Homestead Manor Assisted Living
Homestead Manor is very nice, and clean. The staff has been very friendly, and helpful. They do all kinds of memory-type activities to help with the memory stimulation of the residents. The rooms s... Read more
Assisted Living near Caroline County, MD
More Options Near Denton, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Denton
Denton, Maryland, a site significant to the Underground Railroad, is a small historic town located along the Choptank River and nearby to the Eastern Shore. With small shops, rural areas and a population of less than 4,500 people, the city is a quaint and quiet destination to consider for retirement.
Denton has two assisted living facilities for seniors. Locally and throughout Maryland, these facilities are categorized as Level 1, 2 or 3, where Level 1 provides the lowest level of assistance with personal care and activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Denton
- The summer months in Denton become hot and humid, with an average high temperature of 88 degrees Fahrenheit in July. In winter, the area gets less snow than average for the United States, but the temperatures drop to an average of 26 degrees. Seniors may prefer the spring and fall months for more pleasant outdoor weather.
- The cost of living in Denton is similar to the U.S. average and 23 percent lower than average for Maryland. Compared with other cities in the state, Denton offers lower prices for housing, transportation, groceries and miscellaneous goods, which may help seniors stretch their budgets.
- The income tax rate in Denton is 7.5 percent, compared with the U.S. average of 4.6 percent. The impact on seniors depends on their income source, as Social Security income is exempt and public pensions are only partially taxed in Maryland. The state charges taxes for inheritances, estates and income from private pensions.
- Public transportation in Caroline County is provided by Delmarva Community Transit. Seniors 60 and older pay reduced fare. Door-to-door service is available with 24-hour notice.
- The crime rate in Denton is relatively high for its population size. Seniors may want to take precautions to protect their property, as the odds of property crime in Denton are 1 in 20. The chance of violent crime is lower than the state average, with odds of 1 in 731 in Denton and 1 in 212 statewide.
- Denton features senior-friendly activities for arts and culture, including the Caroline Summerfest, the Museum of Rural Life and a calendar full of downtown events, such as car shows, music festivals and farmers markets.
Paying for Assisted Living in Denton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Denton start around $4,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Denton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Denton
Financial help for assisted living in Maryland is available through several programs. Options include the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy, the Community Options Waiver for people receiving Medicaid and the Increased Community Services program for those with slightly higher incomes and limited assets.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Denton
Denton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Denton, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Denton
Denton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.