6 Assisted Living Facilities near Rock Hall, MD
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rock Hall area, with 3 in Rock Hall and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rock Hall. Better rated regions include Worton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rock Hall, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Rock Hall, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rock Hall
Around 1,300 people live in Rock Hall, a small town known as the Pearl of the Chesapeake. People aged 65 and over make up 30% of the population and they can spend their retirement enjoying fishing and boating on the bay or dining on some of the area's fine fish and crabs. The annual FallFest offers locals and visitors the opportunity to appreciate good music and plentiful fresh oysters. For seniors who need help with daily living tasks, there are six assisted living facilities in Rock Hall, all overseen by the Maryland Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rock Hall
Delmarva County Transit offers deviated-route bus services throughout Kent County, including Rock Hall. Passengers aged 60 and over are eligible for discounted fares.
- The Rock Hall area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Chestertown.
- Seniors interested in the arts can find ample opportunity to explore fine works in Rock Hall. Many artists in the area are part of the RiverArts Annual Studio Tour, which allows visitors to see the spaces where fine art is created. Music lovers can visit The Mainstay, which hosts more than 100 concerts each year.
- The overall cost of living in Rock Hall is 99.5, just half a point below the national average. While some everyday expenses like transportation and healthcare are below the U.S. average, groceries are 11 points higher, which may impact the budgets of some seniors.
- Kent County, including Rock Hall, has received a failing grade for high ozone pollution according to the State of the Air 2019 report. The county has better levels of particle pollution, receiving an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution. This mixed air quality may impact the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
- Summers in Rock Hall are warm, with an average high temperature in July of 86 degrees. In January the average low is 27 and the city gets around 13 inches of snow each year. This allows seniors who enjoy the outdoors plenty of time to get out and explore the town.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rock Hall
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Rock Hall start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rock Hall and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rock Hall
Rock Hall seniors who are eligible for Social Security, or who would be if not for their income, may be able to access financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement. Those living in small assisted living facilities may also be eligible for Maryland's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rock Hall
Rock Hall and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rock Hall, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rock Hall
Rock Hall-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.