2 Assisted Living Facilities in Monticello, IN
Also serving communities of Rensselaer.
The average cost of assisted living in Monticello is $3,690 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Logansport with an average starting cost of $3,270.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monticello, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Monticello, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monticello
Monticello, which was named after Thomas Jefferson's home in Virginia, is a thriving tourist hotspot with family-friendly lakefront play areas and a rich architectural history in northwestern Indiana. Nearly 20% of Monticello's small population of 5,400 people are seniors aged 65 and over, and to serve them the town is home to two assisted living facilities. These sites, like all of Indiana's residential care communities for seniors, are licensed and inspected by the Indiana State Department of Health Residential Care Facility Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monticello
- The climate in Monticello is variable, with well-defined seasons and a pleasant mix of weather conditions. Summer highs average 84 degrees in July, while winter lows dip to an overnight average of 16 degrees in January. Spring and fall bring around 40 inches of rain, and winter deposits 19 inches of snow over Monticello. Seniors in Monticello who have asthma or COPD may be sensitive to the spring pollen bloom that follows the first heavy rain of the year here.
- The cost of living in Monticello is well below the national average for the United States. Across all of the most common categories of personal expenses, senior Monticello residents pay just 83% of the national median cost of living, while seniors in Monticello typically pay only 87% as much for healthcare as the average American.
Crime rates in Monticello are slightly lower than the national average overall, though with some variation that makes the town safer for seniors. Violent crime, for instance, is roughly 20% less prevalent in Monticello than elsewhere in the country, though property crimes remain somewhat more common than average.
- Public transportation in Monticello is available to all residents through White County Public Transit, which offers on-demand rides booked at least 24 hours in advance. All vehicles are disability-compliant, and drivers may assist mobility-impaired riders from their door to the bus doors.
- The Monticello area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Logansport Memorial Hospital and Dukes Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Monticello has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Deacon's Fund — First Presbyterian Church of Monticello, an organization that helps seniors on fixed incomes pay their utility bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), as well as more than three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monticello
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Monticello start around $3,690 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monticello and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monticello
Seniors in Monticello who need help paying the cost of assisted living may be eligible for a waiver through the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monticello
Monticello and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monticello, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monticello
Monticello-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.