19 Assisted Living Facilities near Cottonwood, AZ
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cottonwood area, with 6 in Cottonwood and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cottonwood is $3,313 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Camp Verde with an average starting cost of $3,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cottonwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cottonwood 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Camp Verde with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cottonwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cottonwood, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cottonwood
Located in the Verde Valley, Cottonwood, Arizona is a small city in Yavapai County where seniors can enjoy state parks, historic sites and an abundant species of birds. Cottonwood is also home to seven assisted living communities, with another 23 facilities located nearby. Cottonwood assisted living facilities, as with all assisted living facilities in Arizona, are licensed and monitored by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cottonwood
- The climate in Cottonwood is hot and dry, with 275 sunny days and just 13 inches of rainfall annually. The highs in July reach 99 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January lows bottom out at 30 degrees. The city receives an average of 3 inches of snow annually, compared to the national average of 26 inches.
- The air quality in Cottonwood is exceptional, rating 72 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best. This indicates that there is a low level of hazardous air pollutants, which may make the region desirable for seniors suffering from respiratory illnesses.
- Cottonwood’s overall cost of living is below both state and national averages, making it an affordable city for seniors. While the cost of groceries, health care and housing are on par with the national average, seniors can expect to spend less on utilities, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses than they would elsewhere.
- The crime rate in Cottonwood is slightly higher than the national average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the safest, the property crime rate is 47.7 and the violent crime rate is 41.6.
- The Cottonwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Verde Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cottonwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition, an organization that provides transportation and other services to area seniors, as well as four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cottonwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Cottonwood start around $3,337 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cottonwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cottonwood
There are three programs that may help seniors in Cottonwood pay for assisted living, including Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, which is the state's Medicaid program, Supplemental Security Income, and Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cottonwood
Cottonwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cottonwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cottonwood
Cottonwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cottonwood
Review of Cottonwood Village
This place smells like sewage. The food was horrible, dining area was filthy and the way the scream at the residents to get out of the doing area. The carpet looked old, activities were ok I though... Read more
Review of Best of Europe - Adult Care Home
For staff and caregivers at Best of Europe We made a wonderful choice when we chose you all to help us with my mom during the last months of her life. We always felt that she was well cared for... Read more
Review of Carefree Assisted Living Center
My Mother has Parkinson's, is on hospice, and has lived at Carefree for over a year. Her financial situation requires that she share a room with another resident. The rooms are very nice and clea... Read more