Cottonwood Village Cottonwood, AZ

Reviews of Cottonwood Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Cottonwood Village

April 08, 2018

By Cindy

Cottonwood Village was beautiful. There was a lot for everybody to do. They were kind and helpful as we went in our tour, and most of the people looked very happy to be there.

Cindy, thank you for sharing your positive experience!

January 03, 2018

By Mona

I was not impressed with Cottonwood Village, and I would not put a family member there. It seemed unwelcoming, but the dining area was lovely, and it was clean. They have cookies and coffee available for guests and residents at all times. There was a small group of people in the library reading on their own.

Mona, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, so we are disappointed to hear that your visit with us was anything less than satisfactory. We have made positive changes since your visit and we look forward to another opportunity to make a better impression.

May 31, 2017

By steve170447

Cottonwood Village was very nice, but my mom is not wanting to move. The staff was friendly. I visited during lunch time. There was a dog show going on, and it looked like the people were very busy with activities.

Steve170447, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

January 30, 2017

By Cottonwood care professional

I visit Cottonwood Village often as a visiting health care provider . The new memory care renovation is beautiful! The memory care seniors seem to enjoy their new memory care area on the 3rd floor a lot. Staff and seniors are very friendly and it is always a pleasant place to visit... I enjoy on site visits with my patients and working with the folks at Cottonwood Village. They put seniors first which shows in a lot of ways. Can't wait to see the finished look of the rest of the renovation project for the assisted and independent living areas..

Cottonwood Care Professional, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

January 22, 2017

By Edward645014

Cottonwood Village is very nice, and the apartment is very small but comfortable. The staff is very pleasant. My mom has been there for a couple of weeks, and she seems very pleased. My mother is visually impaired, so she can't cook for herself, and they have meal service. The staff is not expected to be tipped and do not allow tipping, which is very nice. They have laundry and maid services and a lot of planned activities. It appears really clean but a little dated and in need of some updating. The staff is very courteous and appear to be very helpful.

Edward645014, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

November 26, 2016

By Susan342210

Cottonwood Village is run by a large company. We liked it because it is a smaller town and because my mom is familiar with that community. My mom and dad lived there until my dad passed away.

Hi Susan342210, thank you so much for your positive comments about Cottonwood Village!

October 10, 2016

By Joe305018

I did visit Cottonwood Village. I don’t have anything good to say about it. To me, it was more senior homes and not assisted living. The woman who was showing me around had a poor attitude, and I was not impressed at all. She showed me the whole facility, but I don’t remember exactly what was all there because I was so unimpressed with them I forgot what I saw. I didn’t see the dining area, and the menu was very short on what was available. The residents seemed OK. I didn’t really talk to any, but they seemed nice. The rooms were small. Honestly, I have nothing good to say about the place.

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience but would love another opportunity to show you all the positive changes that have been made since your last visit. We hope you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations!

August 23, 2016

By Jeff447264

I thought Cottonwood Village was plain, and I didn’t see anything negative about it. I thought it was in an excellent location and appeared to have all the services that you would require. It appeared to provide all the basic essentials, was a clean facility, and offered the services that most people would require. I thought it was a bit expensive.

Jeff447264, thank you for sharing your positive experience!

May 10, 2016

By Susan124212750

The rooms at Cottonwood Village were excellent. It was like a 4-star hotel. The staff who cared for the residents were excellent, but their management was lousy. The dining area was gorgeous, and the food was excellent. They had different activities, like dancing and events.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

February 15, 2016

By Cindy120070650

We haven’t moved my mom in yet at Cottonwood Village, but we have been there several times. It is very clean. All the people we meet along the hallways seemed very happy. The managers are excellent in their jobs. We put in a reservation for a room, and the room we’re getting is for independent living or assisted living. They also have a memory care section that is separate. For us, the room is spacious. We’re getting a two-bedroom. It has a little kitchen in which we won’t need to cook much, but it is there for us. There is a nice elevator. There are a lot of things going on every day for people with different interests. There is the main patio, and there are a couple of others. Also, they allow pets, so they have dog places that are enclosed. Parking is set up all around. Wherever you get your unit, you can park near a good entrance, which is very nice.

Cindy120070650, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team.

September 16, 2015

I looked at Cottonwood Village; it's too big, and it would be too confusing for my husband. He had to be able to go downstairs to eat and for activities upstairs. It's a huge facility, and I don't want him in anything that big, but the care would probably be good. I have a friend that was just placed there, and she never lived with an elevator -- nor has my husband. Trying to figure out if she's going up or down or which floor she is on is just totally above and beyond for her, and that's exactly where he would be.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit and hope that you return to see all the positive changes that have been implemented since your last visit.

August 31, 2015

We visited Cottonwood Village. It was good. The staff seemed acceptable, and it had a very nice dining room.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

July 13, 2015

By Annette16

We went and visited Cottonwood. We liked it very much. It was nice and clean. We were shown two different apartments -- a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom. We met several of the staff there. They were all very informative of what they had to offer and the prices. They gave us a lot of information to bring home. I would recommend them mainly because of the cleanliness and the variation of help that they had. In other words, you could stay in the same apartment whether you needed assisted living or more than that. The hospital was across the street, and they had transportation to larger hospitals in case you needed it.

June 24, 2015

By Youngs9999@

Other

My parents were at this facility. When placed there, it was one fee, then they "assessed" them and raised the fee! An outrageous fee for the services they say they provide. When we took them away from there...a mere five months later as we all disliked this place and especially the director...there were dirty clothes in the washing machine, in the dryer, laying in the shower and in a clothes basket! There was an area rug in the shower, so obviously they were not being assisted with showers. The whole apartment smelled of urine! If they were cleaning as they said they were, this would not be the case! We are very glad they are no longer there and would not recommend this place to anyone...ever!,,, do not put your loved ones in this facility!!

Hi Youngs9999@, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied but would love to have you back to see all the positive and long-lasting changes we have made at the community. We feel confident you would have a much better experience as we have worked hard to address your concerns.

April 20, 2015

Very nice community. Good people. They were very helpful. At this time, the couple I'm helping is not ready to go into Cottonwood Village, but I would recommend it. We were looking at a one-bedroom, and it was certainly spacious enough for two. They had two meals a day. They had transport to doctor's appointments and outings to shopping and different entertainment. They should improve on their marketing; they need to listen to the client and not try to push for placement.

Hi Caring103899950, thank you so much for your positive comments about Cottonwood Village!

March 18, 2014

We placed our mother at Cottonwood Village last November. It's right down the street from where my mom lives, from where we lived before. She's pretty acclimated at this point. Her room has a pretty view of the mountain, so she's happy. It's pretty small and it took us time to get used to, but it's laid out very well. And she has a very nice bathroom which is larger than what she has at home. She loves the food. She goes on some of their little trips and special parties, and she might help out in the little bookstore or in the store in the facility. They sell gum and stuff. They keep her busy. The staff is wonderful.

Caring7210, we are so happy to read such a great review about Cottonwood Village! We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

July 11, 2011

By Nonslid

In visiting this facility I enjoyed the grounds and garden areas. While wondering around in the garden area I noted a resident and a staff member sitting on a bench talking. They looked up and stated that I could sit there also and they scooted over to make room. They said that they were not discussing anything private that I would overhear and therefore intrude on the facilities policy of privacy. As I sat there looking about, I heard them discussing plants and gardening in general. It seems that the gentleman had once owned a nursery and was very knowledgable about plants and care of plants. the staff member was not only listening in a polite manner but was encouraging the resident to reminesce over his knowledge and past life experiences, she would ask questions that showed that she was genuinely interested in what the resident had to say. they were thoroughly enjoying their time together there in the garden. It was a very pleasant insight for me to see that staff members did care about the residents and wanted to learn more about their former lifestyles and knowledge. A very positive intake on how an elderly person is regarded and treated.

Hi Nonslid, thank you so much for your positive comments about Cottonwood Village!

Independent Living Reviews for Cottonwood Village

October 29, 2018

By John

I'm in independent living at Cottonwood Village, but I need medication help and at times I need help showering. This is a very friendly community. The only problem I have with it is the average age there is 81 years old and I'm only 65, but the care, the food, everything is excellent. I live in a studio apartment. I have a two-burner stove, full size refrigerator and I have a standard bathroom, but it's all adjusted for people that have handicaps. It has extra bars and fall beeper. They have a library, patio, activities set from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon, a walking group, exercises and stretching, and church service. The food is outstanding, but activities are set up for senior people and I'm not quite senior enough for them.

John, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

September 06, 2018

By JK

We put a deposit on an apartment in Cottonwood Village and my wife and I are going to be moving in shortly. It's very close to where we live right now and we have a lot of friends there. They have 2-bedrooms with pretty good-sized bedrooms, a living room, full kitchen, washer and dryer, and full baths. They serve two meals a day and offer all kinds of activities for senior citizens. The food is good. The place is very nice, clean, and immaculate, and it seems like there are a lot of people helping out.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your stay with us. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

June 06, 2017

By eileen343818

Of all the places we looked up, Cottonwood Village was the least expensive. They had a bus that comes right to the door and takes you all over town. The pricing was very good and doable. If you have to go, this would be a good place. You can walk to the library, which is right within the same area, and there is the community center for the city with a workout center and a beautiful indoor and an outdoor pool. The place itself is not the large, but the facilities around it are very nice, and the hospital is right behind it, so you don't have a distance to go to anything. You can choose your own people to come in and take care of you if you want assisted living, or they can take care of you themselves. It is one of the most newly built. They are redoing the rooms right now and updating them, and the ones that I saw were updated and furnished.

Eileen343818, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

January 19, 2017

By Adalberto

I had a positive impression of Cottonwood Village. However, the rooms could be better and attention to detail was needed. The food was very good. The people were very kind, and the residents liked the service and the attitude of the staff. They were doing renovations, so it was a bit messy. They had a salon, a small library, an association with a gym, pool, exercise equipment, and a basketball court. The price was affordable for me.

Adalberto, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

July 03, 2016

By Jack553724

Cottonwood Village had a good layout, was bright, and had fair apartments. The staff was good. The residents seemed quite satisfied.

Jack553724, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Cottonwood Village!

Memory Care Reviews for Cottonwood Village

Questions about Cottonwood Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cottonwood Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 55+ community, favorite things to do are: chair exercises, social time, arts/crafts, karaoke, and movie nights.

What places are near Cottonwood Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Community part, museum, public library and community recreation center.

What transportation services does Cottonwood Village offer to assisted living residents?

Medical Appointments in Cottonwood.

If Cottonwood Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are allowed, up to 35 lbs. The community park is nearby.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cottonwood Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 55+ community, with various activities on-site and off-site. Favorite things to do are: Casino, scenic drives, museum trips.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Community Recreation Center, Community Library, Community Park, Shopping, Walking, Wineries.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cottonwood Village has organized?

Casino, Dinner show, scenic drives.

What transportation services does Cottonwood Village offer to independent living residents?

Grocery store, medical appointments in Cottonwood. Also, the city transportation bus stop is out front of our building.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library, auditorium, art studio.

Does Cottonwood Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with several home health agencies and have Dr's and NP's come on-site.

What programs or activities does Cottonwood Village offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Magnolia Trails program. Specialized memory care in a homelike environment. Our approach is a unique one. Our caregivers go beyond the typical management of dementia to work with families and their loved ones’ health care providers to care for the whole person—mind, body and spirit. Magnolia Trails™ focuses on five pillars of care that create a distinct approach to our memory care program. The pillars guide us as we provide residents with a tailored care plan designed to meet them where they are on their journey at any given moment.

Photos of Cottonwood Village

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

• State Licenses: AL5401C

About Cottonwood Village

Cottonwood Village is a senior housing facility that offers spacious, affordable apartments on a month-to-month basis. Seniors live in a friendly, caring environment with 24-hour staffing and plenty of recreational opportunities. It also provides Assisted Living services for residents with special needs.

Map of Cottonwood Village