4 Assisted Living Facilities in Payson, AZ
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Payson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Payson 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Camp Verde with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Payson, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Payson
Often called "the heart of Arizona" Payson lies nearly in the geographical center of the state and is surrounded by the Tonto National Forest. This slow-paced city is home to four senior facilities and one in the nearby town of Globe. The Arizona Department of Health Services governs all Arizona assisted living facilities (ALFs) to provide seniors with supervisory care, personal care or directed care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Payson
- Arizona seniors enjoy no tax on social security checks. This allows seniors on a tight budget to access higher-quality assisted living facilities than they might have access to elsewhere.
- The cost of living in Payson is 4.10 percent higher than the national average, and slightly higher than the state average when it comes to healthcare. This impact the average cost of assisted living in the state as well as seniors' discretionary spending.
- Payson has a crime rate that's close to the national average with a score of 38.7 for both violent and property crime, making it safer on average than the rest of the state, so residents can feel more secure when they venture out on day trips.
- Payson experiences four unique seasons and is very different from the Phoenix-Metro area. While seniors may enjoy the sun and summer average of 91 degrees, Payson does receive 18 inches of snow per year, and an average low of 27 degrees.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness might be adversely affected in Payson. It is a high desert area located in Gila County, which received an F grade from the American Lung Association.
- The Payson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Biltmore Cardiology, and Banner Payson Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness experienced by residents in assisted living facilities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Payson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Payson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Payson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Payson
Arizona has a number of options for seniors in need of financial assistance. Eligible individuals can apply to programs such as the Medicaid division Arizona Long Term Care Services (ALTCS), Agency With Choice (AWC) / Community First Choice Option (CFC) or Self-Directed Attendant Care (SDAC).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Payson
Payson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Payson, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Payson
Payson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Payson
Review of Powell Place
The only problem i have is the food. They serve cheap, high carn, high salt foods like lasagna, cheap high salt hot dogs (3 times in one week). I would think they would realize elderlt people sho... Read more
Review of The Frontier House
My dad is in The Frontier House. I am pleased with the staff's response. They do care about the residents that live there. They try to help them out the best they can. They go the extra mile to mak... Read more
Review of Powell Place
The level of compassion and knowledge the employees have here is amazing! After a lot of searching and research the choice was easy. Not only are my siblings and I completely satisfied, but most im... Read more