The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Camp Verde, AZ for 2023
The average cost of assisted living in Camp Verde is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Camp Verde. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Camp Verde 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cottonwood with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Camp Verde, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Camp Verde, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Camp Verde
Camp Verde, which is situated in the eastern part of Arizona on the Verde River offers seniors a rural lifestyle and a temperate year round climate. It is also a popular tourist spot due to a variety of outdoor activities, its central location and attractions like Out of Africa Wild Animal Park and Cliff Castle Casino.
Camp Verde is home to three assisted living facilities, with another nine communities located in nearby cities. Assisted living facilities that are located in the Camp Verde region are licensed and monitored by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Camp Verde
- Camp Verde has a hot, dry climate, with an average annual rainfall of 13 inches and 268 sunny days a year. July highs soar into the triple digits, and January lows dip to 29 degrees Fahrenheit. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most comfortable, the city is rated 79.
- The air quality in Camp Verde is high at 77, indicating that there is a low level of toxic pollutants in the air. A high air quality score is associated with a lower risk of respiratory illness and cancer risk. This city is a good option for seniors with asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
- Overall, the cost of living in Camp Verde is on par with the national average. However, seniors may expect to spend less on utilities, transportation and miscellaneous expenses than they would in other cities.
- In Arizona, there is no tax on Social Security benefits, meaning that seniors may be able to put more of their income towards the cost of assisted living.
- Camp Verde has a low crime rate, making it an attractive option for seniors and their families. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, the city’s property crime rate is 34.3 and the violent crime rate is 21.0.
- Camp Verde does not have medical facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness. The nearest major hospital is located 16.9 miles away in Cottonwood.
Paying for Assisted Living in Camp Verde
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Camp Verde start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Camp Verde and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Camp Verde
Seniors in Camp Verde who meet income guidelines can apply for funding from three programs that may help them pay for assisted living, including Supplemental Security Income, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System and Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Camp Verde
Camp Verde and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Camp Verde, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Camp Verde
Camp Verde-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Camp Verde
Review of Haven of Camp Verde
The lady I talked to at Haven of Camp Verde seemed very caring and accommodating. They sounded like they tried to get to know their residents to provide a very homey atmosphere for them. My dad wou... Read more
Review of Haven of Camp Verde
I went to Haven of Camp Verde. The people were very pleasant and nice, but it was just too small. And I like it a little bit more socially. Even though I'm not in good shape, I'm very social, and t... Read more
Review of Haven of Camp Verde
I wish I had something good to say about this place but unfortunately I can’t think of anything positive that I witnessed while visiting. The rooms are dirty and not maintained. They are understa... Read more