Best of Europe - Adult Care Home

Reviews of Best of Europe - Adult Care Home

Assisted Living Reviews for Best of Europe - Adult Care Home

January 13, 2013

By Dr. Leslie Standerfer

I always knew that when the day came where my grandmother could no longer care for herself and needed to go into some type of care facility, it would be difficult for her. My mother delayed making the decision as long as she could, and agonized over where grandma could live that would provide for her needs and make her feel at home. After lots of research and visiting several facilities of various kinds, when she visited Best of Europe, a huge weight was lifted from her shoulders. As my mother walked into a clean, organized home with an attentive and caring staff, she knew that she had found the place where grandma would be well-cared for and respected. As my grandmother has lived there, and continues to do so, Cornell and Maria stay in constant communication with us as family, and they do whatever is necessary to provide grandma with quality care. Cornell and Maria agonize as much over making sure my grandma is receiving what she needs to be healthy and happy as my mother agonized over finding a place for grandma. Cornell, Maria, and the rest of the staff at Best of Europe provide the necessities (such as food, clean facilities, hygiene care, health monitoring, etc.), but they also provide the things that make life matter (such as personal attention, humor, celebrations, love, etc.) Because of the care she is receiving, my grandmother is healthier than she has been in years. As a granddaughter who remembers the love and attention I received from my grandmother as a child, I am glad to know that she is in a home where Cornell and Maria don’t just care for the elderly; they make them family. And, they frequently invite us as family members of the residents to celebrate holidays as one big family. I will always remember the dancing, singing, and good humor that we have shared as family at Best of Europe. And, I will always be eternally grateful for the love, attention, care, and fun that Cornell, Maria, and their staff have provided, and continue to provide, to my grandmother.

May 08, 2012

By Ms. Advocate

Sadly, I moved my mother to this Assisted Living home in early December of 2011. The owners and the caregivers ask me to stay away and not come around to visit with her for a few weeks. (Red Flags). I was always very much a part of my mother's life- especially during her last three years as she was healing from a serious illness and wasn't well. So, with hesitation (sigh), I took their advise and did not come to visit her so that she could bond with the other residents and caregivers- on THEIR advise. I only went there a few times to take her to see her doctor, etc. Also, with my experiences and interaction with the male owner, he left me with the impression that he is very 'hot headed' and very angry. I wasn't comfortable with him whenever I had to speak with him on the phone. He seemed very impatient as well. One month later, SHE DIED!!! I am absolutely devastated! Not only was she my mother, but she was my best friend! Now, I continue to live with the guilt that my mother may have felt that I had adbandoned her! I only live a few miles from that care center. At this point, I cannot find it in my heart to forgive the owners and their two caregivers (who, by the way are a married couple who live their 24/7). In my personal opinion, I don't think they are very professional- especially the two caregivers. They shouldn't tell the families of their residents that they should stay away & not visit!!! If anyone is told this, they need to run as fast as they can! Elderly people most definitely need their family during these difficult times. I absolutely would NEVER recommend this assisted living home to anyone! I would not trust these people with my dog and again, this is my opinion! If it is at all possible, from our own experience, I would never put a loved one in any assisted living home that contracts out with the State! I believe that if one has the funding for private pay, they will have much better care than anyone who has to depend on the State for assistance. I would recommend a family member to help them & care for them BEFORE I would put them somewhere. My mother suffered from an over dose of her blood thinner medication when she was at a previous assisted living home in this same town! The owner was filling her monthly pill container from two different bottles of the medication. One bottle stated Warfarin & the other bottle had Coumidin printed on the label. Obviously, she wasn't paying attention! Mom nearly died as a result and needed several blood transfusions. She had suffered a G.I. bleed and was bleeding out. The doctors told us that it was a miracle that she survived! I stress again, that it is so important for family to be involved daily with their elderly loved ones if at all possible! Ask questions, talk to them and be nosey! It could save their life. Again, this did not occur when she was living at the Best Of Europe. Frankly, I would not recommend moving a loved one there or anyone else!

Services and Amenities of Best of Europe - Adult Care Home

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Best of Europe - Adult Care Home

Best of Europe - Adult Care Home is a senior living provider in Cottonwood, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Best of Europe - Adult Care Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Best of Europe - Adult Care Home