Glassford Place

Reviews of Glassford Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Glassford Place

January 26, 2018

By Lori

My sister is in Glassford Place and settling in very well. It's a nice size and completely a memory care facility. It's locked down on the outside with access to a courtyard in the middle, so my sister is able to go outside. The place is small enough that it's very personal, and not so big that my sister could get lost. They have a place for exercise, computer room, and TV room where they have movies. They do all their laundry for them if they want or they can do it themselves. There are a lot of interactive classes like singing and a lot of entertainment. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but sometimes when I go there, it's hard to find somebody. Other than that, they're really good. The food is a little bland but the really good thing about it is that if my sister doesn't like what they're serving, they're happy to make something else.

August 20, 2015

My brother-in-law was in Glassford for a month, but then he had to go into hospice. It was a nice place, the people were very good, and it was pretty clean. They were very attentive to him. They had 40 people there, and it was all one floor, which was kind of modern. His room was very comfortable and had a TV, and it was private.

January 12, 2015

By Pat100628850

I think Glassford Place was in the middle of reorganization, and they have recently been taken over by another company. My mother did not have the help she needed. They said they cannot do any more than they are doing. It was clean and did not have any bad smell. The dining room and the common areas were nice. They had a cook who was very stubborn with my parents at first. They have a restricted diet and these people did not treat them very well. Their dietary needs were not taken care of until my mother made friends with the cook. They were trying to accommodate her, but they do not know what to do with the kind of food that she could eat. So that was a big disappointment. I have tried their food, and it was awful. My mother could not use her computer when she was there. There was always something wrong with their internet system, and they do not have cable TV. She was unhappy there and was anxious to get out. I think they have to improve on their food and their level of care, or they should be lowering their rate.

July 27, 2011

By renz

My husband has been there for 4 months and the care has been loving and creative. The food is excellent and the staff calls everyone by their first name and tries to keep them busy. This is an assisted living home with those with Dementia and physical difficulties.

June 23, 2011

By four

The facility was more "home-like" than an institution. The environment was very comfortable and homey. Their was not much in the way of organized activities apparent. However, the residents seemed to get more individual attention from staff members. A staff member between her duties assigned her, whenever she had a free minute or more - would spend the time conversing with a resident. She would encourage the resident to tell stories about her past and her experiences. there would be interest and attention paid by the staff member as if she truly enjoyed remenishing with the resident. They both had smiles on their faces. It was a pleasant relaxing atmosphere present throughout the place.

Costs for Glassford Place

Photos of Glassford Place

Services and Amenities of Glassford Place

• Get Costs

About Glassford Place

Glassford Place, our senior living community, is homelike and cozy and provides our residents a close-knit family atmosphere. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our community welcomes pets and offers activities to help residents thrive in mind and body, such as bingo, church services, dominoes, arts and crafts, exercise classes, and live music. Our residents choose the destinations of outings, including shopping, restaurants, band concerts, and movies. Our residents deserve the best, and we work hard to offer them the highest standard of assisted living care.

Map of Glassford Place