5 Assisted Living Facilities in Buckeye, AZ
The average cost of assisted living in Buckeye is $2,600 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Waddell with an average starting cost of $1,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Buckeye. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Buckeye 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Buckeye, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Buckeye, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Buckeye
Buckeye, Arizona, located 30 miles west of Phoenix, boasts the 8,675-acre Skyline Regional Park where seniors can marvel at the flora and fauna of the region, play rounds of golf at three different courses, and enjoy a swim at the local aquatic center before heading home to their assisted living communities.
In Buckeye, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services and provide supervisory care services, personal care services and directed care services. The city is home to four assisted living facilities, and there are an additional six located in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Buckeye
- Buckeye is a dry, sunny city, receiving just nine inches of rain and 295 days of sunshine annually. Summers are hot, with July highs in the triple digits, and winters are mild with lows in the low-40s.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best, the air quality in Buckeye is rated a 66. This is eight points higher than the U.S. average and indicates low levels of toxic pollutants in the air, meaning that Buckeye may be a good option for seniors who have respiratory illnesses.
- Buckeye has a relatively low cost of living, with overall expenses costing less than both state and national averages. Seniors in this city can expect to pay less for groceries, healthcare, housing, utilities and miscellaneous expenses than they would in other regions. Transportation costs are slightly higher in Buckeye than in other U.S. cities, though they are lower than the cost of transportation in other Arizona cities.
- While Buckeye residents pay a high sales tax, there is no tax on Social Security benefits. This means that seniors will have more money to put towards assisted living costs.
- Buckeye has a low crime rate, with both property crime and violent crime coming in below state and national averages.
- The Buckeye region has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Phoenix.
Paying for Assisted Living in Buckeye
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Buckeye start around $2,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Buckeye and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Buckeye
Buckeye seniors have access to three programs that may help them pay for assisted living: Supplemental Security Income, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System and Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Buckeye
Buckeye and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Buckeye, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Buckeye
Buckeye-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Buckeye
Review of Assisted Living Gardenia Care
Assisted Living Gardenia Care is a modern assisted living private facility. I personally visited the facility and met Dr. Coltea and the staff who is board certified. They offer top private rooms... Read more
Review of Assisted Living Gardenia Care
My name is David and I am a resident at the Assisted Living Gardenia Care. Moving from prior places to Gardenia Care is like moving from hell to heaven. At Gardenia Care, I'm treated with respect... Read more
Review of In Angel Arms
I really loved it here everyone was friendly and it’s a really lovely place Read more