Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

December 07, 2016

By Louis213115

Pacifica Senior Living Tucson is absolutely spectacular. My wife has been there for 2 years. The grounds and location are excellent. I could not ask for anything better. It has been an absolutely pleasurable experience. The lady who runs the place -- I couldn't ask for better. This place is run like a fine clock. My wife's room is around 12 x 12. She has her own TV, refrigerator, a beautiful bed, her own bathroom, her own shower, and her own lounge chair. It's luxury. They have bingo and outings. My wife is diabetic, but her meals are perfect. I eat there 3 times a week, and the food is excellent.

Thanks for the detailed review, Louis. We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our goal is to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Tucson. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

February 25, 2015

By Vicky10

We choose Pacifica Senior for my mom. We end up placing my mother in what they call a neuro-psychiatric ward because the violence becomes unreasonable, and they have many ties to Pacifica including the physician that is currently taking care of her. They have the ability to re-admit her back to the psychiatric facility if they need to; that is very important to us. So far, the staff seems to be very attentive. They seem to be well aware of my mother's needs, they seem to be skilled in dealing with the overall care specifically the agitation, and they are very conscious of being careful with her. When they see her ramping up, they know how to deal with her and what extra medication is to be given. It is actually quite lovely. It has a garden atmosphere with lots of trees, flowers, and grass. Everything seems to be well taken care of. All of the rooms are clean. They have their own kitchen facilities, and their own cooks are right on the premises so everything is taken care of right there.

November 07, 2011

By DaughterofAlzheimers

Wow! I am really surprised to see these remarks about Encore Senior Village at Tucson. I have had my Mom there for over a year and have been highly impressed with the care and facilities that they offer there. The houses on the property are designed specifically for a person that has a memory impairment and the staff are trained to work with people that have dementia. They seem to understand the disease more than any of the other places that I have visited before and I have been highly impressed with the caring nature of all the caregivers. Since my Mom has been there, they have worked with me to make sure that all of her medical and psychological needs are met. I often find their Director spending direct time with the residents and she is quick to address issues and concerns. I would recommend Encore as my first choice for someone that has dementia.

September 21, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This facility sits on about five acres with several cottages. There are 14 residents per cottage. The grounds are secured/ They are nice with sitting areas, grass, shrubs, a gazebo. and picnic area. The is 70 residents/ The bedrooms are private and semi-private with a bath. All are handicapped equipped and have an emergency light system. They serve three meals and snacks daily on a rotating menu. The food is good but not much variety, They do all three levels of care/ They have 3 LPNs on staff during week from 7am to 11pm abd on call. They have certified caregivers with a 7 to 1 ratio. They have an activities director. There are certified assistants as supervisors on duty on nights and weekends.They have a house doctor and a nurse practitioner who comes weekly as well as a Geriatric Psychiatrist. They will transport to appointments and send caregiver to accompany for a charge. They have an in house activity program with parties, bingo, and games. They do outings with residents as picnics and events. They also have what is called an Ambassador program where they go out to special things which is an extra charge. They seem to have adequate staff and variety of activities but, in my opion, the staff is not as caring and no home atmosphere.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Tucson offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Tucson use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Tucson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Tucson. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located on the same property as Tucson Medical Center. Our 4 acre parcel is like an oasis in the desert with beautiful outdoor space and walking paths.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Tucson affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals, & have a great working relationship with our neighbor Tucson Medical Center

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL6987C

• About Pacifica Senior Living Tucson

Situated in vibrant Tucson, Arizona, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness. Our home-like accommodations are custom built to help ease what can be an overwhelming time in life.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Tucson