Williamsburg Landing Williamsburg, VA

Reviews of Williamsburg Landing

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Williamsburg Landing

December 19, 2017

By Cathy

Williamsburg Landing is outrageously expensive. It's strictly for wealthy people and certainly not a place that would be within our means. It has everything. You have your own home, your own apartment, and your own facility. It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to live there, plus you pay thousands additionally every month. We visited some apartments for independent living for seniors, but my mother cannot live independently any longer. They have a facility where they have meals. Sometimes one or two meals a day are included with rent. Everybody I have met has been extremely friendly and it seems like they're very interested in caring for people. They have their own chef, so the food is very good.

December 14, 2017

By BBT12

Go in with your eyes open. The leadership is unable to attract or retain sufficient staff for each shift. The supervision of each shift is lacking. Do not assume that because it is part of the Landing that the nursing is first class. It is a disappointment. You are better off going to a cheaper facility and hiring your own help at the facility. Too many residents at Woodhaven have their own personal CNAs and sitters because they are unable to get the care from the Landing staff. The nursing care is very lacking. What are we paying for? It certainly is not care. The residents who have put their faith in the Landing to provide care for them in their final days are being duped.

June 28, 2016

By Bob452437

My mother-in-law went to Williamsburg Landing for rehab for two weeks. She liked it a lot. At first, she was a little disturbed by how many times they are checking on her, but then she realized that it was for her own good. She had swollen feet and legs, and they were documenting and assessing her and making sure that she was as healthy as she can be. In the second week, as her health improved, they cut back a little bit, and she started talking to people at breakfast and lunch. She said there was too much food but that it was good. She's eating more than she used to. The dining area is just a hall and a half away, and they would help her walk over there with a walker. The menu has several different choices, and she orders the things that she likes. Right across from her wing, there's a little sitting area where you can get coffee in the morning before breakfast is served. In her room, she had a bed and an electric chair which she can raise and get up easily from. There's a huge walk-in bathroom, but for showers, though, she's taken down the hall. They're very attentive to questions, know what they're doing, and take her down to rehab at least once or twice a day.

November 15, 2014

I did visit Williamsburg Landing, I signed up there, and now I am waiting to get accepted. I chose this facility because my family lives there. They have exercise and they have swimming. They also have hair dresser and a massage parlor. They have a library, a media room, and several others on their list. The staff are very attentive.

August 30, 2014

By Peter20

The rooms were very beautiful at Williamsburg Landing. They were very attractive and spacious. The grounds were very well landscaped and very well organized. I had lunch there and the food was delicious. Everything about it was really first class. I didn’t have a lot of contact with the staff. We only had one person who gave us a tour and she was very friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful in terms of explaining the services they have. They do have different kinds of activities like swimming, visits to the local community which is interesting in itself. You could sign up for golf too. I would recommend this one as this is a very elegant facility.

March 21, 2013

By Bonnie10

I was entertained nicely by the staff when I visited Williamsburg Landing. I was looking for a retirement community for me and my husband. There were several facilities and apartments within the commmunity. And separate buildings for the restaurants and gym. The rooms were really beautiful. And the food that we tried was delicious.

June 15, 2012

By adolm001

I have accompanied my grandfather recently on a couple of visits to other facilities as he is deciding whether or not to continue living in his current community, but overall, I think Williamsburg Landing gives him the optimal value for his money. They prepare meals for him, provide transportation to and from the doctors', shopping, and community activities, and they have a nursing home on-site that he can transfer into when he requires round-the-clock care. The staff are all very pleasant and very patient people, and I think my grandfather will remain at Williamsburg Landing after seeing the alternatives in his area. Some other communities we have visited are not kept nearly as clean and inviting, their grounds are not as well maintained, and their staff have seemed bored with their jobs. Others lack a nursing home facility (one of his main requirements) or the amenities that Williamsburg Landing has (transportation, pools, physical therapy, etc).

May 07, 2012

By JMK1

The people at The Landing are very compassionate. It is very apparant that they have gone to great lengths to help my grandmother during her stay. My grandmother has difficulty speaking but the staff are very compassionate and understanding. Whenever I have seen any interaction between the staff and a resident, it has been positive and very caring. The facility is upscale and very clean. The amenities include a salon, dining room, well appointed common areas, and a very active and engaging senior community. The Landing is a wonderful place because they are very caring towards the people I care about. It is very reassuring to know that my grandmother will be taken care of and not mistreated. It is very sad that anyone has to go into an assisted living situation but it is regrettably necessary to ensure that our loved ones are cared for. The Landing has given me peace of mind that my grandmother will be well taken care of.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of Williamsburg Landing

About Williamsburg Landing

Are you looking for a vibrant, engaging and fulfilling way of life? If so, you'll find it at Williamsburg Landing. Nestled on 137 wooded acres along the serene banks of College Creek in Williamsburg, Virginia, Williamsburg Landing is the premier, not-for-profit Life Plan Community (formerly known as Continuing Care Retirement Community), serving Williamsburg and surrounding areas since 1985. With one visit, you'll understand what makes Williamsburg Landing so special.

Williamsburg Landing is an ideal blend of beautiful landscaping and elegant Colonial architecture. It invites residents to become part of its vibrant, active lifestyle and rest assured in its award-winning medical care. It eases worries with maintenance-free homes and apartments with resort-style amenities and services. The community thrives with energetic, involved and friendly people who love to live here and the warmth of dedicated, committed professionals who love to work here.

With a past rich in tradition and a future filled with promise, Williamsburg Landing is the perfect place to call home. For today and tomorrow.

Map of Williamsburg Landing