Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

Reviews of Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

July 17, 2017

By Kertta

Brookdale was outstanding. My husband liked it there, but there was more availability right now at the community we chose. It is familiar to me because an acquaintance was there before. It’s slightly more expensive but not that large.

July 08, 2016

By Ernest058045

Brookdale Williamsburg is a quite nice home for Mom. It's like a condo complex that doesn't look like a retirement community. The food is acceptable, the staff is terrific, and the grounds are really nice. It's a park-like community located next to a forest. It has lots of activity areas, roaming around areas, and a pool outside.

May 17, 2016

By Peter ScottVZAPC

Very new and well appointed. 32 residents. Way too big and noisy for what my wife needed. Lots of little things were not as portrayed. Not enough caregiver time spent on any one individual. Food was not really to her liking but we were adapting. Drive was too far from Hampton. Just the wrong place for her but we had to try it.

March 02, 2015

By Caring102039550

My mother is in an assisted living place called Chambrel at Williamsburg. She is at the same place where she was before. She has been there for four years, and she just moved to a different apartment where she is getting more help. She liked it there, and she is doing fine there. The food is fine. It's the same food that she had before. It's prepared for both the independent living people and the assisted living people. They have their own activities director, and they have a lot of activities there. It's been a wonderful experience. The staff is very easy to work with.

December 16, 2014

By Ana3

I visited Chambrel. The rooms were nice. They had everything that everybody needed. The staff was straightforward. They would tell you right off the bat. I asked them right away if they were affordable, and they were upfront with me. When I was there, some people were doing bingo, and some were doing craftwork or something of the sort. I just wished they had more affordable assisted living for people who couldn't afford them.

May 10, 2014

By Karen71192550

I really truly liked Chambrel. All of it was very nice and open. The people were very nice and pleasant. They were very responsive, if you needed something. They had many activities. At that time, they had a choir singing and hand bell choir. They had a library, computers, and card games. Their dining area was very comfortable.

May 10, 2014

We found Chambrel at Williamsburg for my husband's parents. This is a great facility. They are in a two-bedroom apartment. The food is good, and they have a good menu. The staff are very helpful.

April 30, 2014

By Robert83706650

Chambrel is beautiful. Their apartments are a whole lot bigger. It cost a fortune from my point of view. But they're nice. A couple of their apartments were as big as a house. And that would have been just fine. But we couldn't go beyond that. I wandered around but I never got to see the person that was in charge. He went somewhere and it took him 3 weeks to call me back, so I wasn't that much interested. The place was large and most of it was retirement living, and the assisted living was on top of that. It's so expensive. It was high-class. It was a mixture of retired people that wanted to live there and then if you had to have assisted living that was on top of that, that's why it got up to be $7,000 to $9,000 a month. By the time I got to there, I wasn't much interested because it's just too expensive.

July 29, 2013

By Kim25

Chambrel had really nice apartments. The food seemed very good. The staff I met seemed very nice but I heard some not so great things about them when I talked to people, but I don't know it firsthand. However, they made it sound that they had more than they had and My mom thought it was too fancy for her.

April 05, 2012

By MeOhMyWhyMe

My wife was partially paralyzed from breast down. She stood up and went to sit down in her wheelchair and broke her left hip and right ankle. I was on the road and put her in the assisted living until she was well enough to come home. This facility allowed her to have our 2 dogs there. The staff was very helpful to get my wife in. She loved the place. She got the care she needed to get her legs to straighten out and the right foot that dropped. They had all kinds of recreation to pass the time and to make new friends. The food was very delicious. You got to order off a menu. You were close to many shopping malls, movie taverns, and sights to visit. They have transportation to take you to your doctor's and other places. I would reccomend this place to anyone who needs assisted living.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

May 28, 2019

By Sharon

My friend is in Brookdale Williamsburg, and it’s very good. It was pleasant, very clean, very friendly, and very accommodating. I had two brief visits there.

June 01, 2017

By shirley430633

Brookdale Williamsburg was very nice. In fact, we stayed overnight. We were going to get a hotel room, and they said, "No, stay here with us." So, we stayed in a one-bedroom apartment. We were shown all around, and it was very nice. The food was very good, too.

April 14, 2017

By John714207

Chambrel was very similar to the place I am moving into. The only difference is you rent the facility there in Virginia and, of course, we buy it here in Iowa. The rooms were nice. I have eaten the food there, and their chefs went out of their way to take care of my diet requirements. I was able to speak with the managers, the assistant managers, the chefs, and the workers that keep the place clean and maintained.

May 22, 2015

Chambrel was very nice. It was quite lovely, but it was in Williamsburg, and our daughter is going to move to Newport News, and that is why we want to move there. They have all the activities that you can think of. They have exercises, movies, trips, concerts, lectures or anything you want practically.

December 04, 2014

By captaincrump

Large grounds, swimming pool, attractive cottages and apartments

July 31, 2014

By Cheryl39

My mother’s care is doing very well at Chambrel. There are all sorts of activities available but she hasn’t used any of them yet. She’s on oxygen so she goes up to the dining room and right now that’s the extent of what she’s doing. They post many activities they have planned for them and they have this all the time. They have transportation, physical therapy and all that stuff there; and she’s been to the salon so the salon is also a benefit. It’s an old place but clean. The staff is excellent. They’re so polite and they are so caring. I would recommend it. It’s got all things in house. The chef does an excellent job with the food. I’ve tasted the food and my mother seemed to be very pleased with the food. All the people there are just as nice and personable; and so I don’t think you could ask any much more than that.

March 20, 2014

By Jane78482250

I found Chambrel very nice. The girl who helped me was very personable and knowledgeable. I really like the facility, and it was actually one that was on my mom's short list if she moved down here. I looked at the independent living which was like apartments. They were very nice and very spacious. They had bingo, reading groups, movie nights and trips out shopping. I'd like to move there.

September 19, 2013

By Eleanor2

Chambrel at Williamsburg was the first one I toured at Williamsburg and this place is very nice. The place was very elegant. Everything was excellent although it was a little too far. The residents were very friendly and nice. It was like home. The people there interacted well with each other and they welcomed me and they said they hope I would come and stay with them. The amenities were good. Some students would come in periodically and would perform for the residents and I really like that one.

Questions about Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

• All staff that work in Clare Bridge or Crossings receive 10 initial hours of training, an then monthly going forward they receive training on a variety of subjects dealing with Dementia such as Behaviors, Dining, redirecting, wandering etc.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have Signature Brookdale Programs like B-Fit; Ageless Inspirations, and more! Resident Engagement features engagement for each individual resident and looks different for every resident.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining program is catered toward the open involvement of our residents. We elicit feedback to make us better in the eyes of our residents, we have interactive meetings with the Chef to discuss menu items and we have a resident based Dining committee. Really anything they want and request. Otherwise, well cooked and well-presented meals with inspired items from our Chef and dining team with Brookdale seasonings involved as well.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Near Historical Williamsburg,, New Town, Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Jamestowne, Jamestown Settlement, Jamestown-Scotland Ferry, Governor's Palace, with lots shopping, and of dining options. Nearby parks include Colonial National Historic Park, York River State Park, Waller Mill Park, Freedom Park, and Veterans Park. Virginia Beach is just a 45 minutes drive away!

What transportation services does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is provided to several churches on Sunday; Errand Loops to stores, library, luncheons and dinner outings; special outings to destinations requested by residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg offer to independent living residents?

Gate, Concierge, I’m Okay Program, Hot water valve shut off.

Does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with all agencies that we have a third party provider contract with.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime we have 3-4 caregivers and a nurse, evening/overnight 3 caregivers and a nurse in Clare Bridge. Crossings has 1 med passer and 1 aide at all times.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Crossings and Memory Care offers the Daily Path for engagement.

All assessments of residents are done in conjunction with the HWD/ Nurse/ Caregivers, Physician as well as therapy/Home Health and others involved when we do Collaborative Care every month. Primarily it is the HWD doing the routine assessments

What techniques does Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

During mealtimes the caregivers as well as myself are present in the dining room. We assist those residents that need assistance to eat as well encourage others that need reminders. Our goal is to maintain their independence as long as possible. We use the hand over hand technique when assisting residents with eating. We also have a Refresh Program, which is a warm washcloth scented with lavender or citrus to stimulate their appetite and promote good hygiene before eating.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Is Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not officially affiliated with any particular hospital, however we have very good working relationships with Sentara and Riverside Doctors Hospital, both here in Williamsburg.

Photos of Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

• Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg

Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg